Posts by pursuing_perfection

Help...I need fondant loops for bows in less than 3 days. It is rather humid where I live, so I am concerned they may not dry in time. Does GumTex speed drying time? (If so, I will mix some in to my fondant). I know I could mix my fondant with gumpaste, but I find it harder to get intense colors in gumpaste.Any suggestions?
I did tons of research before buying a stand mixer...and for my rpice point, it came down to Cusinart or KA. (Look for my post on the topic and you will find lots of good info.) Cusinart has a much better warranty and a bigger motor, so I went with Cusinart. I got the 7 quart at a great price...but never got to use it as it was defective . Waited almost 6 months for the 7 quart to go on sale, but I never saw them that cheap again. So, I got the smaller version on a...
[quote="specialtycakecreations"]I am sorry. This is the cake I am talking abouthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AflfyNYxsQY/SdQHV_ak-TI/AAAAAAAALQQ/rEWtSGK3A00/s400/002474+Golf+Birthday+Cake.jpgThat is the cake I guessed You were talking about. I have also dipped spaghetti in icing to coat it. A little hard to work with initially though.
Great ideas caymancakes.
I visualize 2 very different things as I read your description. Could you attach a picture of a cake that has the effect you want? Better yet, you could just PM the creator of a cake that has that effect.
Gumpaste rolls way thinner than fondant and dries much faster.
What kind of fondant are you making? I make MMF and it does not have to be refrigerated. (For long term storage of leftover fondant, you can freeze it.)If it is too powdery, then work in more shortening. Also, I always grease my hands and utensils with shortening when working with the fondant.If you want a really shiny finish, brush on pearl dust after you are done.
I was going to suggest pretty much the same thing as the last post. Disney babies (especially the princess dolls) are chubbier and have bigger eyes...plus the soother, rattle, etc. Do a chubbier 3-D shape and add baby accessories. Have fun!
That is a cute story! Hopefully he stays a creative romantic.
I did end up scuplting RKT into the kitten shape. Should have made the tail longer, the eyes smaller, and the ears taller...but it was okay for a kid's cake. You can find it in my pics.