Posts by Frecklepuss

Thank you for your advice. To be honest I am not at all surprised that there would be a misprint. Last time EVER I make an Ina Garten or Food Network recipe. The actual Carrot Cake cupcakes told you to back at 400 for 10 min and 350 for 35 minutes!!!! They would have been hockey pucks had I followed that nonsense considering cupcakes usually bake at 350 for 18-20 min!
Again I am making cream cheese icing for a wedding for tomorrow and AGAIN it is like cream cheese soup!! Please help. I followed the following Ina Garten recipe to a tee!!   For the frosting: 3/4 pound cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 pound confectioners' sugar   For the frosting, cream the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted...
Thank you for the idea and the suggestions. I had no idea yogurt would work and I will try yogurt next time. Meanwhile I have 24 red velvet cupcakes with some pretty crappy icing to find homes for! haha Maybe I will find an unsuspecting dad somewhere to pawn them off on!! haha
thank you. I think that might have worked. I hope you were able to figure out your problem. I creamed butter and shortening (even though I have trouble with the shortening part) and added back some of the cream cheese mess... maybe too fast though as I was impatient. It did kinda come back together and then seemed to separate. I gave up and sent my friend without the red velvet cupcakes as I couldn't risk associating my business with the mess. The rest of the cupcakes...
Not working. I am just going to continue to whip it at this point. what's the worst that could happen? I may end up with butter!!
Thank you everyone for your quick replies. Unfortunately starting over at this point is not an option. I have added more icing sugar as some of you had suggested. I really thought I could trust this persons recipe or I would not have wasted my time. It never did get thick and I am pretty sure I did not over beat it. I will add a bit more cream.. heck maybe even better at this point. I'll let you know.. fingers crossed. Some people are really looking forward to these...
Ok.. I made about 100 cupcakes to donate to a benefit for TONIGHT for a lady with brain cancer. Of the 100, 24 are red velvet so I made what sounded like a great recipe from a well known source for the cream cheese icing. It called for: 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, room temperature1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract1/2 cup (60 grams) confectioners' (icing or powdered) sugar, sifted2/3 cup (160 ml) cold heavy whipping cream (double cream) (35-40% butterfat)So I...
Thank you so much for the replies everyone. I was actually hoping for flavor as I don't have enough fresh raspberries ... I think I will just make a sauce with what I have and swirl it in to the cupcakes!!Thanks again
Does anyone know if I can, or what will happen if I add raspberry jello powder to enhance a vanilla cake mix?? I am wondering if it will blend in nicely or end up like hard jello pieces throughout the cake. I am making this today so if anyone has any ideas, tips or just plain advice I would be greatful!!Thank you
I got the order!!! WOO HOO!! $5/cookie. They need them for early January. I have rented a bakeries kitchen for a steal (they will be closed for front store renovations), hired 2 of their staff plus my daughter for packaging. Excited, scared & in shock too! $12500.00 for cookies! I would never have thought they would go for it but I guess considering the size of this company it kind of makes sense to me now!Thank you all for your kind advice and well wishes.