Posts by lilyankee5688

Awesome Job!!!! I'd love to know how you did it for future reference!  
I did cut it out using s print out of the fish, like you suggested.
I did the fins out of fondant and painted the entire thing by hand.. I don't have a veiner, so I added the detailed with the paint. Super fun to do, it looked better in person than the pictures.
Well i never got any advise.. just dove right in.... This is what i came out with.. the birthday boy (or man, lol) had a tear come to his eye, and didnt cut it for 24 hours... The color was a little off.. but not much.
Has anyone made a 3D fish cake?? the fish laying on a board.. like its about to be cleaned.. I'm doing one for a good friend and am stumped on how to do the fins... any suggestions??? I'm planning on it being like this picture : http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/fishhead/files/2012/10/red-drum.jpg
http://cakecentral.com/t/754864/birch-bark Theres a thread about it... Good luck!! Post some pics when oh get it!
Just to update yall since yall helped me out! I tied for 1st place on my cake! I did 3 rows of hot pink ruffles, with a black belt and white flowers on the base tier, then black quilted pattern on the top tier, then whit flowers on top. Was not what I planned on doing, but had to change designs at the last minute, 12 hours til I had to turn it in!!! I will load pics once I get a good one. I took one at 1 AM, but my hand was covered in crisco, and got on my camera lens, so...
Icer your cakes are beautiful!! There is no theme, just " tiered specialty cake". I think I am going to do a Breast Cancer theme cake, since it is in October, and that's the month for the awareness. I am so nervous at this, always so nervous at something new.. ha ha I'll post pics!
Ok so I entered in the state fair cake decorating contest. The cake I wanted to do reminds me of a wedding cake, not specialty cake. I am having a hard time coming up with a good specialty cake.... any ideas??? Should I do a kids theme bday cake...or a holiday theme.... I just dont know what the judges look for, as its my first time entering a cake...
Ok so I entered in the state fair cake decorating contest. The cake I wanted to do reminds me of a wedding cake, not specialty cake. I am having a hard time coming up with a good specialty cake.... any ideas??? Should I do a kids theme bday cake...or a holiday theme.... I just dont know what the judges look for, as its my first time entering a cake...