Posts by Evoir

Hi there, welcome to Cake Central.   Its great you have some photos of the cake post-crash.   I believe your 12" tier supports were insufficient, and/or unevenly cut. There is every chance the table was shoved from the front causing the backward movement of the cake to occur, and hence initiate the collapse at the rear of the 12". But this is something that you CANNOT blame on anyone, because you do not have evidence.   For cakes this size, I would have had...
I think any gem mould would have the right shapes...just find the right sizes you need. Try First IMpressions, or CK moulds.
To me it looks like they have used gumpaste in a Gems mould - using tear drop shapes and oval shapes to get the pattern. You can dust/paint with luster to get a shiny effect. They appear to have used sugar pearls or piped royal icing for the round dots also.
I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis.   Being practical here (as a person who also suffers from a chronic, incurable illness - though not fatal), have you thought about your ability to work effectively given the progression of your illness? This will affect who you direct your services to, and thus your marketing efforts.   Given that many larger events like weddings have a longer lead time (I am booking weddings for the end of 2014 now), you may find your...
This brand stocks the higher wall ones.     http://www.confeta.com.au/bakingcups.htm
In millimetres if you have that...
What size are the competitions across the base?
In Australia, we measure them across the base first, then the height.   So, standard cupcakes are 50mm across the base, but you can get ones a smidge bigger at 55mm.   And you can also buy slightly deeper ones too.   So, I would advise measuring across the base, and then the height, and look online for a cupcake liner supplier who also lists these figures. They might also have an identifying stock number. Here we have number like 500, 700, 440 and so on, and...
I have to ask why the producers of this show thought that this "study", this - expose - on cakes that people prefer, actually revealed anything about anything?   What a crock of shyte.   What's the point of comparing $12 in ingredients only (including eggs! whoopdeefrickendoo!), to $2200 in labour, equipment, licences, premises, rent and other costs of running an approved food business, plus ingredients and ARTISTIC ABILITY?? When the cakes shown are at a ratio...
Yes, please pm me too!