Posts by Evoir

I hate cake thieves. There's a FB page called "Stop the Cake Thief" so you're not alone in your plight.
The photographer might choose to do anything and everything with the photos, but s/he doesn't have to attribute that cake to Elcee. It can just be a cake in a photo. Right?   Elcee...I'm so sorry this happened to you. I could not possibly work with someone like that ever again, despite the previous positive experience. In fact, I'd probably be cranky every time I had to see or talk to them from this point on!
I gave up white SI a year or more ago. I would ganache and cover my cakes as usual. The next day the entire surface of the cake would be bubbling and rippling. I got so mad I said never again.   I now use SI colours (no problem there!) and Pettinice, as well as Fondx and Orchard for superwhite (both similar in taste and texture). Please be aware of two things with Pettinice in Australia at least:   They make a summer and a winter formula. If you don't use it in good...
Hi everyone!   I am looking for a photo of a particular cake I KNOW I have seen in the past!! Can anyone help me find it, as I can't seem to find it here or anywhere else online. It does go back a few years, but if anyone has it saved somewhere, please share.   To describe it:   Minimum 3 tiers Square wedding cake Has the word "LOVE" written in large fondant letters on the middle tier..."LO" on one side right near the corner, and "VE" just around the corner,...
I can never understand overseas vendors refusing to ship outside their country either! Like on ebay...I mean the buyer pays, so what's the problem? Lol
BatterUp, you've been getting some great feedback. I am unaware of your price structure, but just so you know, I have purchased two Sarah's stands to rent out through my business to my clients, so there are cake businesses willing to pay shipping overseas. The reason I chose to buy from Sarahs rather than getting a stand built to spec by a local wood turner (50+ years experience with staircase making, wood turning and furniture production) were all the reasons that vgcea...
I like to finish my cakes by providing a neat covered board...ie covered either with fondant, or contact-covered paper (not in contact with the cake, which sits on a cardboard on top of the baseboard. However, sometimes I STILL get asked to present the cake on a silver or gold cake-foil covered base board. It's not my favourite finish, but I'm happy to comply with my clients' wishes.
One in my inbox late this afternoon (a website enquiry notification):   Hello, I am just enquiring about your cakes, I just want to ask a few questions. Its my boyfriends birthday tomorrow and I was wondering do you have cakes already made in the shop for take away? Also what's the standard price for a chocolate cake? Thank you, xxxxxxx.   *sigh* To top it off, I then noticed the email address of the customer is a UK addy! If this person had spent longer than...
Chelle - do you do classes from your home cake studio or somewhere in commercial premises? How big are your classes? I'd love to teach again, there are remarkably few GOOD teachers in my area, and I miss teaching a lot.   I had one lovely wedding cake this weekend. I really enjoy the weeks when I have only one wedding, and I can spend more time fiddling with it. I was really happy with how it turned out, despite it not being one of my usual tier shapes - It was a...
BatterUp - that man sure is talented!!! Awesome cake stand. I can see the attraction ;-)