Posts by Evoir

Evoir tip - buy a $7 mini hair straightener and use that to heal seal any plastic bags. I use one to seal faux 'cellophane' cookie bags before tying on ribbon.   (Fun fact: Real cellophane is no longer available, and actually never would seal using an impulse/heat sealer)
If it was me, and this was for a paying customer, I would first try to remove the bulges with a pin, or by using a sharp scalpel to deflate them (if you do slice, cover large marks with an appropriate border or decoration). Seeing as you said this hasn't worked, you will need to go back to fix the cause of your problem, which is not the fondant, but what lies beneath.   Remove your Superman decorations, peel/cut the fondant off, ganache your cake properly as a means of...
It depends on your location. And your market.   I'm in Australia, and regular ABC is the domain of cheap commercial bakeries, used on cheap cakes and cupcakes.   As a custom caker, though, I use IMBC exclusively, unless asked for something different, for my buttercream.   Most Australians would find ABC far too sugary and sweet to eat in the huge pile you usually see on a cupcake these days!
Hi OP - I have made this sort of design a few times (some years ago now). I think there is a pink three-tier wedding cake somewhere in my photos here...   My tip? Use a metallic 6" bench scraper. You can thus keep it square to the cake. Its the fastest and easiest way to do it and gives the best result, IMO.
Is this for a paying customer? If so, what are they expecting?   If you are a hobbyist, and this is your first Mad Dadder/topsy, I'd suggest keeping it untorted and unfilled. KISS. Serve you cake with some fresh whipped cream and chocolate sauce or ganache - yum!    NB: I do not use these pans, my mad hatters/topsy turvies are all carved after filling/layering, then ganached, fondanted, then stacked.
Make plenty of extras. Use a touch of acetic acid (or vinegar) in your RI to ensure it dries fast.
Yes, you can pipe black RI onto light fondant without it bleeding. I recommend waiting until the fondant has dried on the surface - so cover one day and pipe the next. Do not leave any corn starch on the surface. Also, test both YOUR fondant and YOUR RI, because what you use may be very different to me or the next person.   IF you have never piped black RI onto light fondant, though, maybe your first wedding cake is not the ideal time to start?    The issue is, if you...
Re: egg weights and egg yolk/white proportions, I wrote an entry on Eggs on my fledgling blog last year in case anyone would like to read more about this sort of thing and how it relates to baking. Hope this helps! http://sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/eggsellent-egg-conversions-for-home.html
IT'S FONDANT.
Basically put your egg whites (weighed) in a glass bowl, cover in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 24-48 hours. They should not have any firmer bits in them. When you crack a fresh egg, you may have noticed the yolk sits up high on a jellyfied egg white, and then there is also a runny liquid around that (watery). You want to break down the jelly- like part by ageing your egg whites. Hope this helps!