Posts by cupadeecakes

When I have had super clogged printheads, I have used a syringe (without the needle) to force Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA) through the nozzles.  Might be one last thing to try before you order another one.  It may take several passes with the PGA to start seeing results.
I live in Georgia where the only thing higher than the humidity is the pollen count.  I refrigerate all my cakes - I would never dream of traveling with a cake that wasn't nice and cold through and through.  You will get some condensation, just leave it alone and it will dry out.  The only real problem the condensation has ever caused me is with those darned food writer edible markers.  Those things will run on me every time.  So I just quit using them.   Listen to...
A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders the day I realized that not everyone can afford my cakes and that's OK.  I can simplify or scale down my design to fit into a clients budget, but sometimes that's not enough.  Ferrari doesn't sit around worried and coming up with thousands of ideas on how to get their car in my driveway!
Final viewing of the cake?  That's not even something I've ever heard of before!   As as far as non-payment goes, here's the message you leave for the client:   "Hi, this is Razz from Razzmataz bakery.  I understand the day before your wedding can be a stressful time, but I have not received the information or the payment for tomorrow's cake.  I cannot deliver your cake without payment or the location.  At this late stage, I will require my payment in cash.  Please...
Amen, sister!
If the pictures that went along with the description were of fondant cakes and techniques, then the purchaser shouldn't expect anything different.  I would explain the situation to her and tell her you're just not that experienced with the techniques she thought she was going to learn.  If it's something that interests you, you might offer to work along with her so you can both learn the techniques.  If she gets to come play "cake" with you for the day and learns a thing...
@howsweet, I like the way you roll (and slice too)!  That's exactly what I use to level my cakes.  I have seen the Agbay in action and it's nice, but after years and years of using my serrated "sword" (as my DH calls it), I realized I probably wouldn't drag it out enough to warrant getting one.  For now, the only Agbay in my kitchen will have to be on Pig-Latin day. Now, I would give my eye teeth for a dough / fondant sheeter...
When I paint with petal or luster dusts I mix them with Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA).  It's 190+ proof, so it evaporates almost immediately. .
I can't imagine trying to get cake out of a mason jar.  I would either cut them from a sheet cake using a circle cutter, or maybe try baking them in something like a vegetable / soup can.  The end result is very cute!
Agreed!  Fresh strawberries go bad FAST!  I never even buy them until the day before I need them.