Posts by cupadeecakes

Fill it and then carve. Good luck with your first carving - make you you share photos with us! I have a helmet cake in the gallery here; it definitely helps to have a real helmet close at hand to use for reference!
For one bridal show I did many years ago I found a small rectangular bakery box that held 3 cupcakes perfectly. As others have said, branding your gift is the real key here.Have you considered handing out gift certificates for a 1/2 dozen cupcakes or a free 6" inch cake? The brides wouldn't have to carry cake around all day and (potentially) eat stale cake, and you would only have to actually give the samples to the people that contacted you again meaning you get...
Congrats on getting to your first bridal show, LaDawn. I have posted about bridal booths several times on my blog, but my main points are:Set your booth up so that is inviting for people to come into. Don't just accept the default configuration you are given by the event staff. Give your chairs to your competition. Your feet will be really sore and you will be tired at the end of the day, but stay upbeat and energetic. Potential brides may pass you by if you are...
Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, and I'm a sucker for using everyday things in my cake decorating, I'll add that I use a regular ol' fork to make my wood grain. I make long passes with all the tines of the fork, but I'll move the fork to make my lines wavy. In just a few passes it really starts to take on a really woodsy, distressed look. HTH!
I have a Badger brand airbrush, but I really like iWata's guns too. Grex makes an awesome airbrush, but they are very pricey!
I had gastric bypass 10 years ago, was skinny-ish for 4 yrs, then started a bakery. Hello you unwanted jiggle! When you are around it all the time and have no time to make a meal it's super convenient. First rule, don't take the first bite. The first makes the next 10 easier. Next, if you have to taste something, taste and spit it out in the garbage. That will kill your appetite just looking at it! Next, think of it as a material, not food (Like plumbers caulk and...
The cartridges are only made for certain Canon and Epson printers. The website should list the specific models. I have had 2 Epsons and 1 Canon. I have found the Canons to be far more reliable and trouble free.I do print a test page from mine at least once a week because they do have a tendency to "gunk up" if left sitting idle. If it does get clogged, I use a syringe to squirt PGA into the jet area and let it sit for a couple of hours. Usually clears it right up ,...
Stick with something alcohol based to thin it down, like vodka or Everclear. Lemon extract will do in a pinch although it is not only expensive, but may give your cake a little extra lemon flavor you may not want. HTH!
Look at kits by iwata and Badger. I tried both of these when I was looking to upgrade my airbrush. I went with Badger, but the iwata was nice too. Grex makes a really nice airbrush, but they are outside of the budget you mentioned.My first airbrush was a Tester Aztek and I hated it. It spat and sputtered and clogged a lot!
He turned out really great kryptonite! I think the shading you did really made it pop!