Posts by cupadeecakes

I make my rumballs using crumbled cake, buttercream, chocolate, and rum.  Just dump everything in the mixer and combine until firm.  And then scoop out using a small disher.
EXACTLY!  If there's any trouble just remind them that it was beautiful and fresh the day she was supposed to pick it up.  But I'm sure it will be fine.
Since I got my PCE extruder my life has been SO much easier.  They are a bit pricey, but you will love them!  I don't know how many if those green plastic extruders I broke before getting this one.   http://www.polymerclayexpress.com/products/artway-tools/Extruders/food-safe-extruders   Full Disclosure: I am NOT affiliated with this company in any way, but they do make an awesome product.
 Can you use extracts, like lemon extract?  Lemon extract works well too for painting.
We almost always put our EI on a fondant/gumpaste/mod chocolate piece.  They always behave better and I think they look better too.  We just use the tiniest bit of shortening to adhere the image to the gumpaste.  When you then cut the piece to fir the image, you would never know it's there.
Yep, call your local health dept and they will help you - they really aren't the bad guys people make them out to be.  Even if your state allows it, your city or county may not.  Best of luck to you!
I am sorry to hear about your predicament.  I would say your first call should be to the local health department to find out what you can actually legally do from your home in your state / city / county.  It might be easy as pie, or it may be impossible based on your location.   I don't know if your employer offers you health insurance or if you even have it, but it sounds like you are in a situation where you really need it right now.  I would have a heart-to-heart with...
OK, I'll be the dissenting view on this one.  I have bought these types of "unitasker" pans before and I wind up giving them away or they just sit and collect dust.  I say just carve it and don't waste the money on the pan.  If you can carve a cake, you can make any shape cake you want.
I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread, but be VERY wary of The Knot.  In my experience I have found that if you don't live in one of their featured areas they don't do you any good.  I got lots of weird e-mail inquiries from The Knot, but never had one turn into an actual order (or even a followup phone call / meeting).  When I decided to leave The Knot, I had to cancel my credit card to get them to stop charging it every month.  And then they still tried...
For Cake Central magazine, they will e-mail you asking you to participate in a certain theme.