Posts by dkltll

I bought a science project board from Michael's to use as a backdrop (very helpful). I also use picmonkey.com it's very user friendly.
I bought mine at Michael's - it is branded by Duff Goldman. I really like it, it's small but does what I need it to do. It takes regular airbrush colors (like Americolor). HTH (Looks like you can by it directly from DG and cheaper than I paid at Michael's.) http://www.duff.com/products/decorate/cake-decorating-airbrush
I agree with Anna. I can't think of a way to make them less mushy. I have done that before and had to add cake.   Maybe someone else has a brilliant idea....
In my day job (not a baker) we work up 3D renderings of custom items. We will be happy to show & review it with the potential customer but tell them that the designs are the property of the company until they put down their deposit. If they really want the renderings then we charge 10% of the quote and they can take with them. If they choose to sign a contract & pay a deposit then we will credit their invoice the amount that they paid for the drawings. We usually say,...
Jan I would love to take credit but this is from another CC member "costumeczar" I love her blog & her wit!
It's sad that there are so many out there. I get them all time in my day job! "ACaketoRemember" has a great article on her blog where she has fun with these guys- it's a must read: http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/p/fun-with-email-scammers.html
LMAO! At least you have notice! My MIL ALWAYS calls a week before she needs a cake & I get "I just need a groom's cake for someone at the church (she's the Preacher's wife), he works in concrete." And that's ALL the short notice info I get.... I'm still not sure she knows exactly what I do even though I make an awesome cake every year for Thanksgiving.   I know I'm not being very helpful (LOL) so just take a deep breath & tell her you'll take care of it & she'll have...
Thank you Jason, I guessed I missed that.
Thank you, I was just fixing to post a link!!!! Apparently not everyone in Florida is aware of this. (I think I posted in another discussion the year 2012, oh well) 
I admit that did not read all of the posts b/c they were off subject so I hope this helps. (1) I am from Florida and Florida passed the Cottage Food Law in July 2011 so it is legal for her to sell her cakes from home. (2) I agree with the poster that suggested you reschedule as the date conflicts with non business hours for you. The customer has the right to check it out and the OP doesn't have a problem showing it. I certainly wouldn't want a customer coming into my...