Posts by dkltll

Check out your other thread http://www.cakecentral.com/t/780015/reposting-sum-pb-with-my-comp-i-guess-please-someone-help-me-with-this-recipe#post_7555935
I think someone else posted (on one of the other threads you created for this question) a very good statement. I am going to paraphrase: I'm in Florida where it is very humid, depending on where you live my cake might need special care b/c of the humidity and yours may not. I will also most definitely buy different ingredient brands than you and that will affect the cake as well. I might bake in a dark pan and you in a shiny pan. Just two people making the cake is not...
Here ya' go, HTH
I would PM the original artist and ask. 
I use a science project board. You can get them at Michael's or Walmart. I like it b/c you can get different colors and it's 3 sided so you don't see the chair next to the table, etc.
Something else I do whether a pick up or delivery- I buy rolls of the rubber shelf liner (at Dollar General for like $1) and cut it to size. I put a piece in the cake box under the cake plate (between the plate and box bottom) and then I put one under the cake box (between the box and the floor). Nothing slides this way! I keep several pieces in the back of my SUV to use for Church Suppers, groceries, etc... It is a miracle product! I live in Florida and I was hesitant at...
When I took decorating classes, I had to bring my own cake, icing, fondant, cake plates, tips, bags, etc.... That way we were ready to go when class started and we could actually work on decorating techniques. HTH
I don't know where you live but in Florida with the horrid humidity it would take longer than an hour to dry for a cake that size. Just don't touch the fondant while it's still wet & sticky but it will eventually dry. I know that doesn't help when you have someone coming to pick it up but I don't have any other ideas.