Posts by trishalynn0708

If you look in my photo's I just made a buttercream cake with polka dots and a #1 fondant for the top and I had no problem's with mine.. I left mine uncovered in the fridge until I delivered it. The girl I delivered it to left it out on her counter until the party started (about 6 hours later) and it still looked great. I also use a 1/2 butter 1/2 shortening buttercream... Not sure why yours would sink in like that. I so far haven't had that problem.
I decided to not wait until the last minute to make this graduation cap that I have to do for Friday.. I made my fondant today and I put my base of the cap on top of a upside down water bottle (It's a weird form and seems to big for a 10 inch cake) and I tried making a tassle and it didn't turn out! I tried cutting the ends with scissors and then tried a knife and they kept falling off!! And my square I cut for the top won't hold it's shape and it's been sitting for...
Those were the sizes I was thinking but she wants a cake just like this one, size and all and I wanted a 2nd opinion... =) Thank you!
I need to make a cake similar to this one in a few weeks... http://www.simplicitydesserts.com/images/gallery/cakes/graduation-cake-lg.jpg Can anyone tell me what size cake pans were used?? And it looks like the top tier only has 1 cake instead of 2 stacked on top of each other... Or maybe it's the angle of the picture??
Has anyone made a cake for their dog that was safe for them to eat??? Our precious dog, Maggie is turning 1 in a few weeks and I would love to make her a small personal cake of her own...She means a lot to us since we rescued her and almost lost her trying to get her healthy again.. So we want to make her 1st birthday special.. =)Thanks for any help!!
I need to make a cake similar to this one in a few weeks...http://www.simplicitydesserts.com/images/gallery/cakes/graduation-cake-lg.jpgCan anyone tell me what size cake pans were used?? And it looks like the top tier only has 1 cake instead of 2 stacked on top of each other... Or maybe it's the angle of the picture??
I have a cookie monster cake that I have to do using the grass tip for hair... I have 2 question's..What will be the best colors (brand too) to mix together to get the perfect color for cookie monster??Also, what consistency do I want for the grass tip?? The other time I have tried it the icing didn't want to come out of the tip and it kept clogging and was really hard on my hand... I use a 1/2 butter 1/2 shortening buttercream..
Everyone has been given me good advice but I keep getting mixed up on if I should keep my cake on the fridge or keep it on the counter??? This cake is HUGE! There is no way I can cover it and I don't have any cake boxes.. I also have animals so don't really want to leave it out on the counter... BUT I am concerned with:1. the icing getting too hard2. the cake drying out (in the fridge)Does everything soften after it's out of the fridge for a while? Or should I figure...
Leaving the cake out on the counter doesn't make it too hard?? I know that I use the Wilton recipe 1/2 butter 1/2 shortening and it hardens pretty fast.... But if I cover the cake when it's frosted then the buttercream gets too soft (had that happen to cupcakes i've made).........
I am making a polka dot 2 tiered circle cake for a friend.. I am wondering, do you cover your cakes or do you keep them in the fridge until it's time to deliver?? I was thinking of taking a box,, cutting out one side and sliding the cake in it just to make it so it doesn't slide around.. But someone told me if I am making a buttercream cake with fondant accents that I shouldn't cover the cake because the fondant sinks into the buttercream when it gets soft........Any tips...