Posts by trishalynn0708

I have never made royal icing before.. A friend wants me to make these teacup cupcakes for her daughters birthday party... The description says they are royal icing handles but they look thicker, more like a royal icing buttercream or something?? I picked up my first ever meringue and got the Wilton, they have a recipe that came with it for a white icing that dries hard but it makes a HUGE batch..Can anyone help with these, look at the picture and share a recipe and any RI...
No... =( .. I live in a really small town and the closest thing I have is a walmart and that is an hour away...
Thank you!! I just found the kit on Amazon so I am going to order that.. Wish me luck!!! lol
This wedding cake was requested from me.. Can anyone tell me how to make the gumpaste flowers and what all I need to make them???http://www.cakeworksbakery.com/gallery/Wedding-Cakes/Purple-lily-wedding-cake-1-Large-.jpg.php
I searched for he recipe... What exactly is "glycerin"??? And where can you get it at?
I have an upcoming cake and every time I use the Wilton brown it comes out a light brown, not dark.. The colors requested are baby blue with dark brown.. Can anyone tell me how to get my Fondant and Buttercream to a dark brown????
A friend of mine asked me to make her daughter's birthday cake. They don't like buttercream frostin so wanted me to make a whipped frosting.. Does anyone have an easy recipe that has NO EGGS..And also doesn't separate in the fridge since i make the cakes the night before. 1 recipe I found said the frosting will separate after a few hours in the fridge. I don't want to get up the next morning to have my colors all run together..Can anyone help???
Sure.. I have 2 that i've been using... I have used both many times and i'm not sure what i'm doing now but I can't even use the VIVA method with them..1 cup shortening1 bag powdered sugar2 tsp vanilla2-4 tbsp milkThe other one is:2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened.1-1/2 cups solid vegetable shortening2 tbsp. clear vanilla extract1/3 cup water for icing cake -OR- 1/4 cup for stiff consistency.1/4 tsp. almond extractThe 2nd one is an actual...
The last few time's I have made buttercream it hasn't been crusting.. The last thing I have made is roses and they were made out of all shortening, so they should have crusted well.. I have not had this problem before and have been doing cakes a long time....Can anyone tell me what's going on? I need stiff roses!
I normally put all my cakes I make in the fridge... This weekend I have my first wedding cake to do and I am wondering if I should put it in the fridge like I normally do my cakes or leave it out?? I have noticed that when the cakes come out of the fridge they get little water droplets on them, like the cake is sweating sort of from going from cold to hot. I am wondering if that will make any of the colors bleed??And insight would be GREAT!!I am using this buttercream...