Posts by Lcubed82

I've used the Toll House cookie recipe off the yellow bag! A 12" cake pan makes a nice size. Disposable pizza pans work. I've also doubled and done a 1/2 sheet size. Be sure not to push too much into the edge. The dough will expand when cooking. By pushing it into the edge, you can assure yourself a crunchy crust.
Glad you and your home are OK! Good luck with the cakes.
Beautiful cake!! Congrats!
I acutally put on a second layer of fondant(MMF) one time when mine was too thin.
Cutting a cake IS messy! I think that is why many venues take them to the kitchen to cut for weddings, etc. I usually remove the top tier and set to still display. If all the tiers are the same flavor, just start at the top to serve (I also use Debi's method, and LOVE the cake comb.) Work your way down. Some people like to serve the bottom first, so any leftovers are more likely intact layers. I guess you would lift off the upper tiers as one, and set aside. If...
[url]When someone says they cannot afford you/you're too expensive, etc. You say:"That's okay. Everyone has a budget they have to work with. Not everyone can afford a custom cake. Thanks for thinking of me." [/url]I'd be careful with the "you can't afford me" reference. Customer education about why the price is what it is may bring them back, after they have mulled over the quote. Don't count them out, or offend them!
Leah, how's it going with the cake ball roller? did you get it worked out?
Almost all done with a princess theme storybook cake. Used Wilton large cake pan, 1/2 choc 1/2 white. Cricut cutouts of princess and castle (played off and on all week to perfect, they came out great!), RI roses and other flowers. Just have bottom border to go, then place bookmark and figures. 22 crown cookies to match are ready to bag.I had to stay up late tonight to get most done, since my new granddaughter is spending the day with us tomorrow while her parents help...
Thanks for the info, tiggy2! I used coupons to buy two sheets to play. I will check out the icingimages for next time!
I agree with 12-9-6Just out of interest, is she still paying for the contracted amount?