Posts by Lcubed82

I do the same as knlcox. I do not use a pasta roller- tried that, and the time and trouble was not worth it! You can also add gumpaste powder or tylose to your MMF to help firm it up.
Had to laugh!!! We were just remembering my 10yo exclaimation that "the cake broke!" Thanks to my dogs I was rebaking that night! The kitchen gate had not gotten latched, so the dogs got over to the cake!
I have detailed fondant with RI with success.I have also made several cookie cutters. I read the tutorial here on CC, then got the flashing and epoxy at the hardware store. I think it was under 10 dollars for the roll, and I have been using it for a long time!
It sure is pretty, though!
Doug posted a template for carving a sheet cake into a book in the photo gallery Templates a while back.The first book cake I made I carved. Just recently I did get the pan, and used flower nails in the deeper parts to help even out the baking.
When I used the Wilton Sheet, I cut away just the amount I needed from the larger sheet. I did then remove it from the paper backing, and applied a thin coat of shortening to the cricut sheet and the back of the sugar sheet. I had great success with 3/4" lettering with the Sugar Sheet. (See my Princess Cake)
Congratulations to you, and your hubby! Enjoy your new life! The dessert truck sounds like fun!
ProvoCraft, makers of Cricut, also make the Gypsy and Design Studio softwared. My limited understanding is that these products allow you to create your layouts, resize, etc, in a PC type environment. The newer products will let you "work" with any of the Cricut cartridges. The downside is that to cut your designs, you must own the cartridge. Any cartridge except those for the Imagine will work with your machine. There is now an online Craft Room at cricut dot com. ...
Has anyone tried this brand? I have read that CK brand tastes better that Wilton in RI. I have to drive over an hour to get it.My local gourmet grocery has Lorann's Professional MP. Has anyone tried this? How is the taste?TIA
Are you wanting printed, or embroidered? I can help with embroidery. Private message if you are interested.