Posts by Lcubed82

Thanks for sharing the video!  I never would have thought to roll the "crust" off a cake!!  and frosting this way actually makes me want to try (with a glove!)
First you need to determine exactly what it will cost to make the cake: ingredients, electricity, etc, gas to go to store, cardboard cake boards, boxes for delivery, and every little item involved in the process. Examples of costs we tend to forget: *Will you need to purchase tools, pans, etc for the job? If so, will you use them again? If yes, then you can amortorize the purchase price over several cakes, if no, then the cost goes onto this project. *Will you need...
I would think that would be rather difficult to do the whole cookie.  Have you worked with fondant?  Many people cut the fondant shape, then decorate by adding details with other colors (you can layer, or to avoid buildup, cut out and piece in) or with food markers.  Attach the fondant to the cookies with a thin brushing of corn syrup.
I just got one as well.  My first "roll" was so-so.  I threw it back in the bowl and tried again.  Much better luck the second time.   I was using cake/little bit of frosting, not Oreo truffles. Now, I was only able to roll two logs at a time, as I kept rolling too far and having lumps fall out when I tried to do 3!  14 is still better than 1!   I know a lot of people don't like it, but there is a lady in my town that runs a quite busy legal business, and swears by...
Or it is a large Christmas ornament holder.
My understanding is with Design Studio, you can create layouts on the computer, then have the Cricut cut them. It is similar to many other graphics programs, like card creating ones, etc. The only rub is, even though DS allows you to use all the cartridges to design with, you must have the ones used in order to actually cut the shape. You must still invest in cartridges.With the Cake Basic, you would be able to layout your lettering and other shapes, size them to any...
I have often basecoated my cookies in glaze, the decorated in RI to get the details I want. That has worked well.
If you search the glallery on CC for "Princess", "castle", etc, you will see many that use ice cream cones for the towers. Cake cones for the towers, sugar cones for the peaks. I am going to be doing this in two weeks also!
I use no more than 1/2 a tub of teh storebought icing. Too much makes it too mushy.
I'd love to try the EZ roller. Just a hobbiest, so does anyone want to sell one cheap (then write off the rest as a business expense?!)