Posts by HeartStrings2

I agree with Maybenot...print and keep the emails, plus follow up with a phone call, noting the person you spoke with and their position and the content, date and time of the conversation.  
The keyword in this post is RESOLD.  When you purchase the image, you have permission to use it on cakes that you are making for yourself or making for FREE - you cannot resell the image.  So, in otherwords, if you purchase this image and put it on a cake, then sell the cake - it's illegal.  The same goes for Wilton character cake pans, licensed cookie cutters, etc.
I received a letter from an attorney in Washington, DC that states "We have learned that you are marketing and selling a cake that replicates the packaging of ______________. We enclose for your reference a printout from your website located at.... showing the unauthorized use of my client's trademark and distinctive packaging trade dress on your bakery product. It is likely that consumers will mistakenly believe that USSTC approves or licenses ____________ cake you are...
I also received a cease & desist order for a cake design.  I am telling my potential clients that the risk is too high, and I will be more than happy to make their cake using items that can be purchased from a retail store (they have already taken care of the copyright issues), and if that's not what they want, they can find someone else to do it.  I can't afford to take the chance on getting caught again.  If it weren't for the fact that most clients wish to post pictures...
Alabama passed the Cottage Food Law in March 2014, and will be effective on June 1, 2014!!!  Check out http://cottagefoods.org/laws/usa/alabama/sb-159/ for all the details!!  It's exciting for us bakers in the great state of Alabama!
I'm making this cake for a wedding next weekend (using gumpaste flowers & raffia ribbon that will be added at the event), but I'll need to freeze it because I'll be out of town for the wedding, and someone else will be taking care of it.  Here's my question...should I wrap each layer separately before putting it in a box or just freeze the whole cake, sealing the box with plastic wrap also?  I won't be there to remove it from the box, so I'm trying to get the best...