Posts by melissa0902

I've never tried this, but a professional cake maker I chat with sometimes said she uses a food dehydrator to make her small fondant pieces dry out a lot quicker. I don't know how long she leaves them in there. Probably not something to experiment with on the last minute Good luck!! One day I'll find 4 hrs to watch my boxes and bows dvd. I don't know why those bows are so darn hard to me!
I am making several 11X15 sheet cakes this weekend. I use the Wilton cake boards wrapped in fancy foil. I know the cake might crack if I only use 1. I have been stacking 3 since it looks nice, but would 2 be enough to guarantee the cake wont crack in the middle?
I am making several 11X15 sheet cakes this weekend. I use the Wilton cake boards wrapped in fancy foil. I know the cake might crack if I only use 1. I have been stacking 3 since it looks nice, but would 2 be enough to guarantee the cake wont crack in the middle?
ptanyer, I love your reply! Just this week I finally made a website with pictures and prices. I forced myself to tell people my prices with confidence and all 4 booked a cake. I think once you get a little experience under your belt you have to get paid for the time it is taking from your family.
I think this cake looks great!! Perfectly smooth and level. I think how much you charge depends on where you live. I live near Nashville and I know one bakery in particular would definitely charge atleast $200. But I think if you're make it from home you might have trouble finding someone to pay $200. Probably more like $125-$150. Unless you live in a bigger city. Then definitely $200. It really looks nice.