Posts by Sofinette

Well, in Belgium we usually have a simple "genoise" kind of cake with whipped cream and fruit or buttercream.It's usually a 2 layer cake...Really boring after a while...
This is my first try for a US cake. It is not very popular here in Belgium, but we always see it on tv, so I went for it... I have to say that it was a hit, everyone loved it! It was all gone in 20 minutes!!! The small cake was made with fresh rasberries and a "mousseline cream" The big cake was made with fresh strawberries and a "mousseline cream" Mousseline cream is a mix of "crème patissière" and butter cream.I used MM fondant to cover and decorate it.What do you...
Ok, this weekend is my husband and my mother's bdays. I will make a double tiered cake, covered with fondant. I want something neutral, because it is for both a man and a woman. And on top of that, it will be my first one, so it must not be too complicated... I have just no ideas on the coulours,... Please help...
Ok, this weekend is my husband and my mother's bdays.I will make a double tiered cake, covered with fondant.I want something neutral, because it is for both a man and a woman.And on top of that, it will be my first one, so it must not be too complicated...I have just no ideas on the coulours,...Please help...
Thanks bonjovibabe...I'd say, normal yellow cake, or white cake, or vanilla cake...You know back here in belgium an normal cake is made out of butter, whole eggs, sucre and flour...Theresa, thant you soo much, you are very nice!
Hello there and thank you very much for the advice!Well I am Belgian, living in Belgium.But I did live in the states for about 13 months, 10 years ago.It was in Frankin, Detroit MI, and it was great!I am totally bored of the Belgian cakes, basically you have two kinds.One kind of cake, with either buttercream (cooked buttercream) or whipped cream and fruit! When I got married 4 years ago, I asked the "boulanger" to do wy wedding cake the american way (3 tierd cake with...
Ok but what kind of cake do you suggest than?I really want to try the rolled fondant or marzipan cover, but if it as to be another kind of cake it doesn't matter.But I do want to stick to the kind of cream I was talking before.Because I made a cake last sunday for my b-day and everyone loved the filling, and actually asked me to add strawberries for the next one...
Hello everyone!My name is Sophie and I am Belgian.I am about to do my very first “American way†cake.A double tiered cake (Totally inexistent back here in Belgium)!I need your advice for the covering of the cake.Basically, I will make a “genoise†kind of cake divided in 3 layers, filled with a cream made out of a “crème patissière†mixed with some whipped cream (delicious by the way!) and I will add some freshly cut strawberries.I will also add some...
Hello,I decided to make my son's second birthday cake myself (very good idea, really) and on top of that I already told everyone...So I finally decide to make a square cake, half white cake and half chocolate. (Yeah, my family is quite complicated).I really don't know what kind of filling I could put into it.I would want two different fillings (one for the white cake and one for the chocolate cake)...Also I want to finish it with a frosting (still don't know which one) to...
Well, I thought about it, and I think I'll go for a race track cake.So I'll make a square cake.Now, I don't know if I'll do a yellow cake or a chocolate cake....I'll go for a white frosting probably and will colour it for decoration.But I was thinking that it might need a filling, so it won't be too dry...Any ideas in case of yellow/chocolate cake....About the mesures, my only problem is when it is written 1 cup of butter because we use kilograms... I do have a "cup", home...