Posts by niccicola

I am making my own version of the "Candy Castle" cake featured on the Romantic Castle Wilton Cake Set.The instructions didn't say to do this, but I covered the turrets with fondant then used piping gel to attach cake sparkles. It looks awesome!Only problem is...i forgot that you are supposed to pipe on windows and use m&ms to decorate around the window edge.Do you think if i use Royal Icing, that it might help to keep the sparkles on the fondant while also holding up the...
Thank you! That helps a lot!
No, i meant .. do people work with candy the same way as fondant/gum paste/marzipan, shaping and forming or combining in some way to make objects?I can't think of ways to use candy as "garden" objects-just looking for ideas! it's always good to get a different perspective on things!
I have a client who dropped off the Wilton Romantic Castle kit. Though she likes the cake featured on the front of the box, the "Romantic Castle", her daughter (the birthday girl) wants the "Candy Castle" cake on the back of the box. It's one of the few alternative uses for the Romantic Castle kit.I am going way beyond the design that Wilton has. I am incorporating elements from both cake ideas, Romantic and Candy, and then adding my own touches.Wilton uses M&Ms, spice...
I know HOW to make this bow, I'd like to know how to make it appear satiny or fabric like. In other words, i'm confused with all the luster dusts, pearl dusts, fairy dusts, etc. What would be best used in this photo? I am attempting to make a replica of this cake, so the colors *should* be the same. Should I use a dust color that is close to the color of the fondant or use silver?Currently, I have some dust containers that Wilton sells. I believe they are the pearl dusts....
I need a chocolate mousse or ganache filling recipe that doesn't need refrigerating. I have to ice the cake with buttercream and fondant so i can't put it in the refrigerator.Do you think just a basic 1/2 cream 1/2 chocolate mix would work and be okay? I'll probably end up filling the cake and icing it 2 days before the actual eating of the cake.
I have searched in the recipe section for recipes and I guess I have found a recipe that will work, but I'd like your opinion before I try it.So, I'm doing a cake for this Saturday. It's a sheet cake with a 3-D Elmo on top with fondant decorations and a fondant "present cake" sitting in front of elmo. My client wants a whipped icing.I found the wilton 2-part whipped buttercream which seems to be my best bet. I need a "whipped icing" that is going to hold up to fondant...
Does this have to be refrigerated after whipping? I have a cake next week calling for chocolate mousse, and I think whipped ganache is ALMOST the same, but they want fondant on the cake and I dont' want to have to refrigerate it.Does anyone know if I will have to refrigerate it if it's just used as a filling and not an icing? I think (hope) it won't spoil after it's locked in with buttercream and fondant.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605038-.html
i know i should have posted this with my other question, but i forgot. shoot me.So, my client wants everything exactly like the picture. should i purchase the wilton alphabet fondant cutters to make the lettering? To me, the letters in the picture look HUGE and the wilton cutters are small or at least look like they would be smaller than the letters in the picture.Should I just try to print out letters and use them as a stencil?