Posts by ellavanilla

get a small level and use it as you torte and restack your cake layers to avoid that lopsided appearance
I took four tiers in two boxes in May.
I only use all butter IMBC and I've had no trouble getting a soft pink. Try Americolor, as suggested. You don't need as much to get a true color, tho, I do not understand "fuscia" it is the ugliest pink I've ever seen.
Security reserves the right to open and inspect, but my boxes weren't opened. Just be sure they can be opened and resealed. I took two boxes, measured to fit in the overhead, and they were fine.
SMHUltimately I quoted her a very modest price for the same cake for Saturday delivery. I never heard back.
If you are using a hot blade to smooth your BC or smoothing it after it has been chilled, that can break the emulsion and cause yellowing. 
You have to remember that she said this, "Caller: But I want you to make the cake because I like your cakes better. " People will come to you. Giving quotes that don't turn into biz are a fact of life. Persevere and you will find your groove.
Seriously, who cares? Some do, some don't. That's the facts. Do you really need a list to go with your awards?
  LOL well that would be great if i made fondant covered cakes. What I really need is one of those Japanese frosting machines!
Well done, everyone! The wiener cake won my heart!   Just posting for pity... I fell on Wednesday and damaged my right rotator cuff. I took the night off and then spent the next two days pulling all nighters to get the work finished.    I realized during this time that my entire biz relies on my right arm. Seems like a real flaw in my biz plan! LOL   Now I know why bakeries close early on Saturday. I slept until 10 this morning, and I feel like i ran a marathon. No...