Posts by HamSquad

kakeladi your cake is sooooooo pretty! I just love making the traditional type wedding cakes too! Those were the first types of wedding cakes I made. I still make them and try to infuse the new with old.
kakeladi your cake is sooooooo pretty! I just love making the traditional type wedding cakes too! Those were the first types of wedding cakes I made. I still love making them and try to infuse the new with old.
Ooops, the word is glycerine!
Isn't Tiffany Blue a light blue with a drop of green? With the candy melts, maybe mix some blue candy melts with white candy melts to lighten and add a drop of melted green candy melt in or used candy coloring. I'm curious to see if this works. I know this would be an experiment I would do. I really hope this works.
A tip here on CC, try a little glycine to moisten up your gumpaste. It can be found in craft stores or cake supply stores. Some pharmacies sell it as well. It works rather well. Search the forum for this info. I hope this helps.[/u]
The icing sheets may be the like the Lucks or icing image. These do blend in slightly with the butter cream frosting. Most on-line edible ink companys sell them. I 've used these icing sheets in the past. Look on-line for Kopykake, Tasty photo art, Icing Images, the list goes on, compare prices and quality. I hope this helps. These definitely are not the Wilton sugar sheets, I use those too.
I have and use both the book and cutters, they are apart of my many resources for making gumpaste flowers. I'm still in the learning phase, but I so love making these flowers, it relaxes me (LOL)!
With your app cake designing program, is it possible to be able to design a cake with satellites cakes? The cake design programs so far only allows the placement of cakes to be stacked bottom to top only. More selection of decorations, such as fondant swags, more flowers and borders. I love cake graphic designing!
Just a tip: pipe a circle of buttercream frosting on the bottoms of your dried royal icing flowers, whether they have a RI spike or not. This helps holds the flowers in place. This old technique from Wilton has helped me in the past. I have pictures of flowers on sides of my cakes done many moons ago, feel free to look. One cake in teal and white was delivered in summer, 100 degrees with ugly humidity.
When spraying the can, did you hold it at least 6-8 inches back from the stencil? With this stuff it can't be sprayed real close and no full blasts. Lightly press when spraying. Make sure you practice before putting on your actual project to gauge the best distance. It sounds like the spray can may have been held too close or maybe repeatedly spraying without letting each application dry in trying to achieve a sold color. I hope this helps. Best wishes!