Posts by HamSquad

Great Job and Thank you!
I usually use a little piping gel on the back, it hold stuff on really well! I never use egg whites. I've read where other use a little water when it is a fondant cake or a little icing with BC cakes. I hope this help as well.
I hope this helps: http://www.decopac.com/resources/printmat/April11/Wedd_11%20Dec%20Guide.pdf Go to page 73 with picture instructions of this PDF from DecoPac. I've use this. Best Wishes!
I use Wilton sugar sheets and Wilton Spray Mist on my cakes. With the cake you are making, will you be applying the sugar sheet to a fondant or BC covered cake? I usually attach sugar sheets to BC cakes using piping gel on a frozen cake, this works great. I use piping get to attach the sugar sheets for fondant cakes also. The Wilton Spray Mist, I love spaying is on the sugar sheets, apply color in layers and let dry between application, don't over saturate. I always...
Yes, in deed, I use them quite a bit when working in fondant/gumpaste. Since, 2008, I either use a thin coating of shortening and wipe the mold out before pressing the fondant/gumpaste in the mold or dust the mold with a little cornstarch/powder sugar mix. I try not to overfill the mold with large amounts of fondant/gumpaste also. I have been learning to level the gumpaste with a small pointed, angle spatula, I saw that technique on You-tube, I thing with the...
Thanks kikiandkyle so much for responding. I live in Cook County, I use to live in Will County where I got my assumed business name and did the legal notice. I was just in the process of re doing the Food and San license.
Hi, I'm glad this was posted! Over the years, I thought I really wanted to open a cake business. Now that I'm older, I don't really have the energy I use to. Three years ago, we lost the home we owned, renting to relatives who destroyed it. Now we have been renting as we were when we were renting to them because of my husband's job,we had to relocate. Now I don't know what to do. I would like to just legally be able to make bake goods for family and friends, I don't want...
It depends on the type of recipe you make for the caramel frosting. I make mine from scratch. If it is the poured tpye of caramel icing you may have a problem. If it is a recipe that requires powder sugar and it whips up like frosting, you might have a better chance of it working. Also make sure your fondant decorations are not real thick. Thinner, smaller decorations may work a lot better. I hope everything works out well!
When I first started making roses, I made them out of MMF like you, they really taste good. Then I started making them from Wilton's recipe for gumpaste, it is pretty simple and I used lemon juice, I was still looking for the taste factor. Later, on I started using Wilton premade fondant mixed with the premade gumpaste, less stress, good texture to work with, but it was costly. I used Joann, Michaels or Hobby Lobby coupons to lessen the sticker shock, here in Illinois the...
imadreamer702 Thank you so much! What did you add to the fondant last night when drying in the spoon? Was it tylose or gumtex? When drying in a spoon, don't let them sit over night, just let them sit out un-covered while you are adding a layers of petals on the rose bud. This might be why they were so fragile. I learn how to make roses from Edna De La Cruz from "Design Me A Cake"(http://www.designmeacake.com/ ), she is really an awesome cake decorator and a wonderful...