Posts by shaymomx5

I am using a 3D Hoffritz Christmas Tree silicone pan.  The problem is the top of the tree is much more shallow than the bottom of the tree so it is baking the top much quicker than the bigger part causing it to be hard as a rock and not cooked through.  The edges are browning more as well.  Should I use a cake nail? Foil the sides? Please help.
I am having the same problem. I have used his fondant in the past and had no issue, but of course cake due today and can't get rid of the air pockets. Anybody have the solution?
Good morning, My sister is diabetic and has asked me to do her wedding cake for early next month. She doesn't mind the fondant because she can peel that off, but she is looking at stacked tiers and I need to find a tried and true recipe for a diabetic friendly cake that can stand stacking. I believe she would like vanilla flavored cake. She asked me if I would just bake a Pillsbury SF cake with PB SF icing, but honestly not only is Pillsbury not my favorite (which I...
LOL! My kids and I watch the show and think the same thing. Sometimes I wonder if he even has any cake in some of his projects! I think I prefer Cake Boss because they try to do most of their stuff edible unlike the styrofoam of Charm City. It takes more IMO to decorate something a little less sturdy than styrofoam. The only problem is sometimes the fake drama on Cake Boss is a little over the top. As for the new line at Michael's, it was refreshing to see a bigger...
I am fairly new, ok really new, to baking cupcakes. I am having a lot of problems with them. First ones I made shrank and pulled from the sides. The other problem I have is that when I am filling them, inevitably the paper liner wants to push in and then I can't get it to go straight again. Is there any trick to a perfect cupcake?Thanks,
I had posted this in another area, but I guess I should have posted it here...Good morning cakesters ) I am in the planning stages of making a cake for an event that will have about 700 people (of course not all will eat cake, so I am estimating maybe 500-600 needing a serving). It is a building on top of a sheet cake. Right now I am planning the base to be (6) 12"x18"x2" 2-layer cakes. (2 x3 laid out). The building will be (6) 12"x18"x2" stacked up. This will be my first...
Good morning cakesters )I am in the planning stages of making a cake for an event that will have about 700 people (of course not all will eat cake, so I am estimating maybe 500-600 needing a serving). It is a building on top of a sheet cake. Right now I am planning the base to be (6) 12"x18"x2" 2-layer cakes. (2 x3 laid out). The building will be (6) 12"x18"x2" stacked up. This will be my first cake of this magnitude. My original thought was to make the base with a box...
I guess the pic didn't post, I wil try again.
Okay, here is the update. The pic is of the building model which is good because it will help me to size down to cake size. Now, the cake is to feed 700 people. I think I am going to do a replica on sheet cake, but any ideas on how many sheet cakes I will need to put together to feed that many people? This is becoming a massive undertaking!
ok here is a picture of the project