Posts by cookieswithdots

I've done cake dummies before, no problem, but I do have a question.Sometimes the dummies are a little rough, not just on the edges but in general. Once the fondant goes on I'm questioning if I could put something on the dummie before I put the fondant on to look smoother.I'm really curious about this because the wedding I have coming up will have a dummie cake under some of the cakes and I really want them to look as smooth as the real cake.Thanks!Melissa
Great to know about Sugarshack's icing- that's the one I use most of the time and I also have an outdoor wedding in August, but in California.Thanks!Melissa
I've been wanting to learn how to do these but wanted to know the best cutter to use. Doing a wedding cake soon and she wanted two pretty large flowers, one on each tier.Thanks-Melissa
I'm going to be working on some cake pops in the future. How would I get a Tiffany Blue color?Thanks!Melissa
I haven't had luck with the Wilton brand, they separated. Yesterday I boght the CK product matter/silver liners and hope they work!Let me know what happens!!!Melissa
Hello everyone-Just met with a gal about doing her wedding cake. I am looking where to purchase the diamond banding for her cake. Any suggestions online?Thanks..Melissa
Wondered if anyone has had problems melting The Wilton Halloween color candy meals. The black, spooky green and the Orange. They just don't seem to melt right.ThanksMelissa
Thanks everyone. Wanted to make a small cake for my Granddaughter. She's getting braces soon and thought it would be fun!Melissa
Wondering how to get a shiny, silver color on fondant or gumpaste.Thanks!Melissa
I did cupcake for,my daughters wedding in June. Took a lot of planning! Flowers went on the cupcake by my hobby at the venue. Photo in my pics.Melissa