Posts by gma1956

I need to know about baking wedding cake in one.I have a cake this weekend and the church I am going to only has convection ovens. I have heard they could be hard to use for cakes. It is right. Any pointers?
Does anybody know how to make them?Take a look.I really want to know how the formers are made, I know that the base is plastic spoons. But what is the other and how is it shaped?
This does sound good. I will remember it next time I experiment. Thanks for sharing.
While searching for cake ideas on google image he other night, this was one of the pictures. When I clicked on it this is what came up.......So Cool...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwswkJZEdS4I would have loved to be on that baking team!!!!!!!!
Okay I found a good recipe that turned out good in a 9" round pan. However, I have to make a wedding cake. So that means a 16" & 12" round pans. Does anybody know how a diabetic cake cooks in these larger pans? Icing recipe suggestions would be great as well.I will be using this recipe: from the Splenda Web site.Cake 3 3/4 cups cake flour 1 1/2 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup sugar 2/3 cup...
Americolor is the best IMO!!
I just took a quick look at your matrix. It looks excellent. I have been chenging on one I downloaded from this website about a year ago. I have been working fulltime, plus working for myself, until recently. I am not self employed so I will be able to do cakes again as much as I want. Customizing my matrix is on my list of things to do. I just love excel and try to use it for everything. Looks like you like it too!!!!!I will try yours out. Thanks for sharing. So...
Absolutely do not refrigerate. The condensation from the warming to room temperature, will break down chocolate. Chocolate bark also sweats and the juices of the strawberry will run. Strawberries should be done hours before serving for the best results.Those that put them in the refrigerator, whether you see them sweat or not they do, you may not see this take place if you have them covered. Working with bark and real chocolate are completely different. I have done...
I made them all the time. It is very good. I also make the buttercream white chocolate when I make a white chocolate cake. Don't worry, it will be great!
I leave it on the cooling rack overnight usually and it is set, then I VERY CAREFULLY move it.