Posts by dailey

This is a question for those of you who can iced a cake with perfect straight up and down sides. I can do it too....But ONLY if my cakes are baked perfectly straight...which they NEVER are, ugh! So, the question is Who can iced a cake perfectly *without* the actual cake being perfect to start with? If you are one of those people, please share how you do it! I've searched for videos but they ALL start with perfect cakes which is not helpful for me. Also, I always do...
You're right! πŸ‘ I was thinking of using electric purple, but your suggestion is much better, thank you!!
What color would you say this peony flower is (the one at the bottom)? I need to make some flowers this color but am not sure what Americolors gels I should used? Anyone have any suggestions or have made a previous color like this before? Thank in advance! Β 
Thank you for the suggestions! I WOULD attempt to paint the flowers but the lady who is ordering the cake is a amazing painter and I would never be able to do the flowers justice, lol! ☺️ I think I will go with the brushed embordiery since I never had luck with edible images. Wish me luck!
Β  I need to make a teapot similar to this picture. I am debating on how I am going to do the flowers and was hoping to get some suggestions on how YOU would go about making this cake.πŸ˜ƒ Painting the flowers is out because I am a horrible painter, lol (though some parts of the design looks fairly easy to paint). Any ideas on how to attempt the flowers would be greatly appreciated! πŸ‘
Here is another pic, I don't think the other one worked. http://shopsweetthings.com/eats/go-get-some-donuts-national-donut-day
I am trying to figure out which color gels I should mix together to achieve this color for a yeast donut. Has anyone made a yeast donut before or have any good guesses? Thanks! http://www.wpclipart.com/food/desserts_snacks/donut/glazed_donut_large.jpg.htm
Thanks again! I will incorporate some toys and sunflowers, it looks like those might be his favorite flower.πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks, I did google him and found his picture but what I was really hoping for was somebody who actually watches the show to chime in. I already made a fondant bunny to sit on top of the cake and also a white picket fence to go around one of the tiers. Other than that, I'm just trying to add details to this cake but since I have never heard of him, it's hard to know what to include.
Thanks, I did google him and saw the videos. I watched a couple of them but didnt get much from them other than he likes carrots, lol! I was hoping someone who has see many of his videos could give me some more ideas, like whether he has a sidekick or favorite toy, etc?