Posts by poohsmomma

You can make an oval shaped leaf by overlapping cuts made by a round (circle) cutter. Just cut two circles side by side, then cut right in the middle of the two. You can cut a whole row of circles, then go back and cut in between to get the oval shapes.
I use a ruler and a pizza cutter.
The recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can is my go-to chocolate recipe. It's rich and yummy, and it does not need to be refrigerated. I usually double the recipe and add a whole 2# bag of powdered sugar. This is a little more sugar than the recipe calls for, but it makes it a little thicker. The icing crusts so you can smooth it with VIVA, and it works for piping. It is so yummy I have been known to eat it with a spoon!
Love my clickstix.
Indydebi uses Crisco. I use her recipe all the time. It doesn't matter if there is trans fat or not...it turns out great.
You can use a 50/50 mix of fondant and gumpaste. You can find Wilton ready-made gumpaste at most Walmart or Michael's stores. MMF by itself is too soft. It will not harden.
I use fondant mixed with tylose powder so it will dry hard(er). I wrap a dowel or pencil with plastic wrap or waxed paper and grease it lightly. I cut the fondant into strips and wrap diagonally around the dowel/pencil. I let them set a day or two on the dowels, then slide them off the dowel and let them continue to dry. To attach them, you can stick them to a piece of fondant that you have set on the fondant ribbon. You can make "glue" by thinning some of the colored...
If it's American bc, it should be fine.
I use candy melts instead of marshmallows. Sets up hard enough to carve.
How many servings will you need?