Posts by catlharper

Looks like everyone in the USA is out having fun. I'll catch up with everyone in the morning over my coffee! We had a blast tonight. We are at our younger daughter's house in Monterey and they celebrate it up BIG here. I swear it's been an hour of fireworks and it's still going on! My 3 year old grandson was quite trepidatious about them this year and we could hardly get him back inside again! One fun thing we did was use sparklers to draw designs in the air. I have a...
Hi everyone!   Today is the 4th of July...Independence Day in the USA. We had a big lunch party including the cake pictured below. Then a bbq for dinner with leftover cake for dessert! LOL! Right now it's the in between time where we are waiting for it to get dark enough to set off fireworks!   This begins my 2 weeks in Monterey where I don my photographers hat and work on my "Hidden City" series. I'll still be around for Friday nights but this is my last cake for two...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to tell about their week, share photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Hope to see lots of photos!   Cat
Ilovecake...$50!!! SERIOUSLY! I would have looked at her and said "double that and you'd have the 50% deposit needed to book the cake!" OMG!  Or you could have said "$50!!! I don't even turn on my oven for that!"  UGH. People.    And, yes, when people ask me what I "do" I just say I'm an artist. I started out in photography, moved to party planning when our son was born 13 years ago and the cakes came about 5 years ago. Just new ways to be an artist...varying mediums....
Wow! Judy, that turned out GREAT! I keep saying I'm going to do a "Super Hero's" cake for my hubby one year...hope it turns out as good as yours did!   Cat
Cassie, I love your blue and white rose cake. I'm always thinking about the sides of a cake and not really too much about the top but I adore the way you did that!   Cat
Love the Charger's cake! And yes, it's a bit stressful to be wearing all the caps this summer but it's fun too. The not fun part is the photo editing but once that is done then I get to write the articles and relive the journey and that's a blast!     Cat
Wow! I don't know where to start! They are all so wonderful! Getting lots of laughs from the Pug cupcakes and the Monkeys too! Love the Adventure Time cakes...a big hit with my 13 year old! Lots of lovely cakes this weekend too. The rose cakes, while totally different, are both divine. Making all of those petals must have given you both writers cramp! All of the details this week is what is blowing me away. SO much wonderful work!    My summer is filled with all three of...
Awww...that's SO cute!  I have rarely used the transfers...they intimidate me!   Cat
Hi everyone!   After two events last week this was my week off. I have a nautical themed 4th of July cake for next week to do. Anyone else have some fun cakes coming up?   Cat