Posts by catlharper

Crystal! That is just stunning! Is the writing on the top tier transfer paper? It's just truly gorgeous!   Cat
Rosie, love your rose cake. I'm doing a single tiered one sort of like that myself this week!   Cara, your Hulk is wonderful! I'm sure Logan was thrilled.
My goodness, everyone showed up while we were having a party! YEA!    Lizzie, that cake is just lovely! We were all just talking about purple!   Morgan, what an adorable jungle cake! The monkey is just too cute!   Miss Meliss..I bet the cupcake cake was a HUGE hit!   Matty...love all of your cakes but the "sophia" cake is my favorite!   Cazza, a Poke Cake is one where you make the cake, poke a bunch of holes into it and then add in some sort of jello or pudding...
I just LOVE coming in here on Saturday mornings and seeing the cakes!    The party is at 1pm PST so I'll post photos after the party!   Pastry: yup...I know what you mean...I really have to tweak the colors in photoshop to get the purple to look like purple and most of the time I have to settle for "sort of" instead of having it be truly the color of purple that it is. SIGH. But your cakes are simply lovely and I think I love the pink one most of all. Swiss dots are...
Hi everyone!   Just the one cake this week...paintball for my son's 13th birthday. He actually turned 13 a month ago but we had a family graduation on the weekend we would have normally celebrated so we did a small family dinner on his actual birthday and now we are having the party. The guys are going to go play paintball in the morning and then we are having a pizza parlor lunch after. In our family the "big" birthdays are #1, #5, #10, #13 and for the girls #16 and the...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Cat
Nadia, I totally understand the working on a cake while feeling unwell. I hate that feeling because I know it's not my best work and I hate to have to let go of something I know isn't my best. However I totally love this cake. I'm going to guess this is "Frozen" based? It's truly lovely. I know my Frozen obsessed granddaughter would simply go crazy over it!  The one thing we need to remember is that no one else knows what it was "supposed" to look like...only what it does...
Seriously don't blame you. After yesterdays event I'm still suffering the "hangover". Hope you get a few hours grace before the demands begin again! LOL!
I saw the cake on Facebook! Wow! Incredible creation. Just don't know how you withstood renovation AND made a 3 tier cake too. Makes me sound like a wimp when I say I'm not taking cake orders next May or June because we are moving. LOL!
Cara...l love the dumbells...the ones with the handles!  I think it's harder to do a one tier cake than a bigger one myself. Seems to limit the creativity. I think you did a wonderful job here.