Posts by catlharper

MB! I think I'm going to try your modeling chocolate recipe for my birthday cake! I looks easy to do once you figure out the right formula...may be coming to you for help if it doesn't work out. But I like to try out new stuff on our own cakes and this is new for me! 3 years from now we'll be celebrating our 30th and I want to do a tiered cake...I was going to make chocolate fondant but this looks really good too and might actually be easier to work with...I'll let you...
Morgan,   I can't wait to see the whole thing! I've never used bubble tea straws before...always wooden skewers instead...too antsy! LOL!   Cat
MattyEatsCakes, Oh no! Making my own cake it quite the treat! My younger daughter is a caker so she usually makes it...it's the rare year that I actually get to make it myself. I love being able to make whatever I want and eat whatever I want and not have to cater to any one else's needs. I can only think of one other time I have gotten to do this in the past 15 years! So I'm excited..have no idea what I'm doing but...LOL!   I am SO sorry to hear about your baby! I do...
Hi everyone!   Last week's cake delivery was quite strange. I actually ended up delivering the cakes to the clients home instead of at the party because of the heat but the client wasn't there, her sister was there with the kids who mobbed the cakes. I had to pretty much police them while telling the sister how to cut them. I didn't hear a single word from the client but had a friend (the person who had recommended me to this client) tell me that other than the legos...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Cat
RugbyChick..Wow! by hand! That's amazing...it's just perfection!   Sweet: That is one great dessert table! Everything is simply wonderful! But your Eiffel Tower cake is the Cake of the Week!! AMAZING work! Did you pipe out the royal and then puzzle piece it together? I'm doing a Paris themed cake later this year (my last of the year in fact) and I truly don't have the guts to do that topper! LOL! That's just a show stopper!   OT! LOVE it! What a bright cheery...
Thank you everyone for your kind replies. I started out as a nature/wildlife photographer years ago in my early 20's and moved to parties and then to cakes after our son was born 13 years ago. So taking back up my photography as a travel photographer is taking a small step back but it's back to what I love. This is actually a change we have been talking about for about 18 months but my daughter didn't want to give up. But life changes and my hand did the final placing of...
Thanks...my friend, who took me to the dr, said it was a HUGE sign that I was supposed to go back to my photography...I said it didn't need to be that painful of a sign...she said, well, maybe it HAD to be that painful in order for you to LISTEN. Ok, ok, I'm listening! LOL!   I love the lace on your cake. I'm trying to figure out how to work with molds (the legos are from a mold) and they are not as easy as one would hope! LOL!   Cat
Hi Everyone!   Hope you all had a great week. Mine was a big one full of changes! My younger daughter decided to take me and my older daughter to go see WICKED as an early b'day (me) and late b'day (Krista) gift so I hopped the train on Thursday to head down to the San Jose area. Friday we were supposed to celebrate another friends birthday but she had a car accident (she's fine now) and thus we were still working through things that night and why I missed FNCC last...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you can!  Hope to see lots of photos tonight!   Cat