Posts by catlharper

Hi everyone!  No cake for me this week other than the one I'm experimenting with here at home. Followed Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin cake recipe for the first time (only did a half recipe for our small family) and decided to experiment with the "condensed milk caramel" too. Basically you boil the condensed milk in the can (without the label and totally submerged) for 2 hours and then let it cool. Because I'm making a "poke" cake I only let it cool for about an hour so it would...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if needed and provide help if they can!    Cat
@MBalaska You can totally DO that! There is a wonderful place called The Bench that looks out over the 18th hole at Pebble. The views are amazing. I'll PM you a photo so you can refine your dream! LOL! Thanks for the compliment on the cake! I'm always SO nervous when making a cake that's not just my imagination...it's harder to fix if something goes wrong. No "I'll just put a flower over that" when you see a mistake! LOL!   Cat
Hi everyone! Hope you had a great week! Mine was sorta weird because our son had Monday and Tuesday off so this week has felt amazingly short! We went to the Bay Area for my hubby's birthday. It was totally great! My SIL has his own propane company and services Pebble Beach. For years they have been trying to get him to play the course so for my husband's birthday this year he took them out there for a round on Sunday. Dream come true for both of them. Because of the...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!     Cat
Good morning everyone! So great to come in on Saturday morning and see new cakes!   Morgan, can't wait to see the finished cake! Please remember to share with us?   Mom2twogirlz, LOVE the fishing hole cake. And I'm sure the Navy Seals cake was a huge hit too! Did you have a cutter for the seal or was that all hand done?   Julia...that lion! Wow! But it's your cupcakes that have me giggling. Especially the eyeballs...kinda a family joke here for H'ween since my hubby...
Autumnwind..those are SOOOO cute! I might have to do that one of these years. Just made me laugh!  The zebra is fun too. I thought it was going to be hard but once I did one cake like that I realized that it's actually fun and easy but makes a big impact! I like how you did one tier pink and one white.    Cat
Gold Star Mom, Love the finger cookies! Creepy and wonderful at the same time! We have a big weekend coming up. Today is our 27th Anniversary and we are headed to our younger daughters house to celebrate it and my hubby's birthday (a week early) with all of the kids. The cake I had this week was for my hubby...it's a 49ers helmet. Turned out pretty good and he's wicked happy but you all know how it is...you keep wishing that this was better, or that had turned out...
Hi everyone!   I hope everyone who celebrated Halloween last Friday had a great night. It rained here in California and we thought that would keep trick or treaters at bay but it didn't. We had more kids than we have ever had before! I had just one cake that week and here it is!     Everything is edible. The writing on the sides says "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and on top it says "Quoth The Raven "Nevermore" The cake was vanilla covered with chocolate frosting...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! Hope to see lots of fun photos tonight!   Cat