Posts by catlharper

Glad to hear that someone else gets into the Christmas crafting too! My hubby said he wants me to do a craft fair next year! LOL! Looks like it was just us this week...odd. Hope others chime in today.     NO FNCC NEXT WEEK. IT'S HALLOWEEN! Please enjoy your holiday and I'll catch you back here on the 7th!   Cat
Hi Everyone!    Lots of baseball in my life right now. Our 13 year old plays and we spent the afternoon watching him play and now we are watching the World Series hoping our Giants can pull this game out in the end.  I was supposed to be caking but due to some sad news for my client, the Halloween party was cancelled. Since the reason was out of her control I told her that I would give her half off of her cake next time. She's a regular client so that will work for her....
Opening up another session of the FNCC. Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!  Hope to see some fun cakes this week!   Cat
Good Morning everyone...Yup, up early on my birthday. Our son has a special karate class he can't skip (for his black belt) and my hubby has to work so that leaves me!    Chelle...LOVE the Ferrari..and yes, I have guys who would love that one too. Hope you had a great time celebrating your birthday. My daughter (also a caker) says she loves when someone else makes her cake...pressure off of her...so I make her an elaborate one every year.    Thank you everyone for your...
Hi everyone!   This week I started work on a Halloween cake for next week and I also got to make my own birthday cake. People always think I'm nuts to make my own cake but I get to do fun stuff with it and everything is MY way. This year I decided to learn a new skill and so I learned how to make modeling chocolate and I have to say I love it! I was really scared of trying it since I've never even worked with the premade version before but it was actually very easy! I...
Opening up another session of the FNCC. Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! Hope to see lots of great cakes tonight!   Cat
No problem, Julia. Thanks for the compliments! I have a bigger problem with the fact my hubby is upset I've never made him one! LOL! What he doesn't know is that I have plans to make him a football helmet for his b'day this year! LOL!   Cat
James, I think she may have thought the 49ers cake was yours. I'm still giggling from your joke about the quarter...LOL.   NorasMom...oh my goodness...love the Creeper. Can NOT imagine how much time that took to do.   Julia...love the cakes! First of all I'm wondering if you could have had a "bubble" and it popped leaving the tear behind? Glad you were able to hide it in the end.   I'm a beach baby so I adore your surfboard cake! Your McQueen is stunning! I hate...
LOL James! (I hope the memorial goes well tomorrow!)   NorasMom...you FROZE buttercream and then applied it?!? Oh wow...really can't wait to see this cake now!   Autumnwind...LOVE your Frozen cake! Love how they dressed up the table for you too!LOL! Gorgeous job on that buttercream!   Cat
Wow...Nora's Mom...you piped a Minecraft cake?!?! The fondant version is hard enough! Can't wait to see the photos!   Cat