Posts by catlharper

Jesi!! Wow! You cut that out yourself! I'm officially in awe!   Cassie, love the ATV rider! Great idea! I'm dying to do a boys cake like that...a "mud" cake! With a grandson I'm bound to get that chance sooner or later! LOL!   Elle It's GORGEOUS! I particularly love the piano keys but that emblem, well, it takes the cake! LOL!   Autumn...SO pretty! I did zebra stripes last summer (ohmygoodness has it been a year already?!?) and was surprised at how much I loved doing...
Good morning everyone!   As usual it's wonderful to come back in on Saturday morning and see all that you have put up while I was sleeping!   Morgan, you and the kids did a WONDERFUL job! I've only done that once, with my son, and I, too, was SO tempted to fix stuff for him but let it lay. He was SO proud!   Cassie, I have to ask...the first photo, the flowers, those are fake? Cake? Wow! Love the rest too and the baseball cupcakes reminded me of a couple of years ago...
Sweet! Totally adorable as usual! Can't wait to see the rest!   Marian...LOVE this cake SO much! S'mores is a family favorite and my grandson JUST learned how to roast marshmallows! SO cute!   Cazza...LOL...fruit cake is SO different in the USA. It is now almost considered something for old Aunts to make and eat. Never considered for a decorated cake. I understand that they can be popular there and in the UK for wedding cakes...that just wouldn't happen here and if it...
Hi everyone!   I have an event this week (Ice Cream Social) but no cakes. The Social will be fun. Easy food (hot dogs, chips, salads) followed by an Ice Cream Bar. Lemonade, iced tea and water to drink. It's going to be a HOT day tomorrow so I'm happy that the client is playing water games and most of the property is shaded well. I'm still going to be hot....and not in the good way! LOL!   Hope everyone had a great week. I have a cake coming up that I'll share with you...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Hope to see some fun cakes this week!   Cat
James, Love the cake! I, oddly enough, don't remember the landing. We were just discussing that I remember the civil rights footage but not the landing! As for your cake...I simply love the image that you chose! And you can't see the ripped part easily in the photo...had to look at it based on your description. I hardly ever work with transfers for this reason. I, basically, only do so when I really have to use it for something copyrighted that I can't make myself. But...
Thanks Laetia! You can find out how to make it on the cake blog I write: http://catscakesblog.blogspot.com/If you have any questions please do feel free to PM me here! And the track is fondant with tylose! Cat
Marian...that pig cake is TOO cute! I'm going to make one for my mom this year for her birthday. Such a clever concept and I've seen all types of styles of it and they all make me giggle!   Cazza...how sweet of you to help out the Mom to be! Sorry to hear the wings drooped...but the baby is still SO sweet! Love the teddy's...my favorite is the lower left one...SO cute! How scary and fun to be a demonstrator! I've never tried the wax paper transfer thing before. I was...
SweetShop and Sha1col...those are both truly wonderful cakes.    Sweet: You hand painted Marilyn? I'm in awe of that sort of talent. I can barely sketch my cakes out! LOL!   Sha: I'm sure your mom loved her "rose" cake. It's just lovely.   Cat
Wow! The cakes from just this morning are WONDERFUL!  I love the Sundae cake! That standing kickboxer is amazing! LOVE all the cupcakes. You guys put SO much more into them than I do! The Juke Box is too fun and the doll beautiful. I am making a guess that it's Tiana? Lovely.    Matty: how wonderful for you to try to get a cake to that little boy. It looked wonderful. That is why I always take photos before delivery...just in case something happens! I have only  had one...