Posts by catlharper

Gold Star Mom, Love the finger cookies! Creepy and wonderful at the same time! We have a big weekend coming up. Today is our 27th Anniversary and we are headed to our younger daughters house to celebrate it and my hubby's birthday (a week early) with all of the kids. The cake I had this week was for my hubby...it's a 49ers helmet. Turned out pretty good and he's wicked happy but you all know how it is...you keep wishing that this was better, or that had turned out...
Hi everyone!   I hope everyone who celebrated Halloween last Friday had a great night. It rained here in California and we thought that would keep trick or treaters at bay but it didn't. We had more kids than we have ever had before! I had just one cake that week and here it is!     Everything is edible. The writing on the sides says "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and on top it says "Quoth The Raven "Nevermore" The cake was vanilla covered with chocolate frosting...
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! Hope to see lots of fun photos tonight!   Cat
@MBalaska The cake blog is a hit or miss but I update the FB for The Cherry On Top Events every day and all of my cakes are featured there as well. I love finding new crafts to do that are easy and inexpensive. If I look at it and think the craft has too many steps then I won't pass it along to the audience. Often I will do the craft myself after posting the original idea and then share that too!  I started out in photography, then had my son and got into my daughters...
Nicely done Melmar02! I've never done a grown up cupcake cake and I love what you did there!   The cupcakes went well...but then snickerdoodle always makes the kids happy. The game was great..they won by 15 runs and Jack scored like crazy. Now time for the World Series! GO GIANTS!   Cat
Hi everyone! The Pumpkin Patch was brilliant! We had such a good time and I started in painting my pumpkins right away! The guys have to wait to carve theirs till Thursday afternoon but I get to play immediately! We can't do a carved pumpkin thread here on CC (it's all cakes) but if you guys want to see mine you can check them out on Friday at my FB site. www.facebook.com/thecherryontopevents and see the ones I've painted and the ones they have carved. Feel free to guide...
Anaelisabethlee....LOVE the muffin! SO cute. Your version of the FROZEN cake is gorgeous! I love how you went out of the powder blue color box! Perfect!   I just spent the past 2 hours painting tealight holders...time to run off to the Pumpkin Patch!   Cat
Oh my gosh...that ghost cake is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! Adorable doesn't quite cover it!  Have a great weekend eating cake!   Cat
Glad to hear that someone else gets into the Christmas crafting too! My hubby said he wants me to do a craft fair next year! LOL! Looks like it was just us this week...odd. Hope others chime in today.     NO FNCC NEXT WEEK. IT'S HALLOWEEN! Please enjoy your holiday and I'll catch you back here on the 7th!   Cat
Hi Everyone!    Lots of baseball in my life right now. Our 13 year old plays and we spent the afternoon watching him play and now we are watching the World Series hoping our Giants can pull this game out in the end.  I was supposed to be caking but due to some sad news for my client, the Halloween party was cancelled. Since the reason was out of her control I told her that I would give her half off of her cake next time. She's a regular client so that will work for her....