Posts by catlharper

LOL James! (I hope the memorial goes well tomorrow!)   NorasMom...you FROZE buttercream and then applied it?!? Oh wow...really can't wait to see this cake now!   Autumnwind...LOVE your Frozen cake! Love how they dressed up the table for you too!LOL! Gorgeous job on that buttercream!   Cat
Wow...Nora's Mom...you piped a Minecraft cake?!?! The fondant version is hard enough! Can't wait to see the photos!   Cat
Hi everyone!   Sorry for being so MIA last week. I was SO sick I basically slept about 40 out of the 48 hours. But this week has been good. I only have one cake this week. I've done the cake for a clients hubby for the past 4 years. He's a 49ers fan, thus the cake.     It's a coconut cream cake with hazelnut cream filling. Everything is edible.   Cat
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you can! Hope to see some great cakes!   Cat
Oh Julia..I SO understand where you are at. I had agreed to do a demo cake for this week and my brain just couldn't wrap around the idea. I finally backed out of it today. Thankfully I wasn't the only caker who was working on the display so my cake won't be missed but I was determined to make myself do it until I realized it just wasn't going to happen and I'd rather back out of the job than do a really crappy piece of work. I'm so happy to hear you are doing much better...
I'm sort of not really here tonight. I'm sick...just a cold but I'm just hangin in here but probably not for long. Only one cake for me this week and that was just a family one so nothing special. I'm off to bed soon (hoping to stay there for at least 12 hours) but I'll be around all weekend. Let me know how you are doing!   Cat
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if possible! Hope to see lots of photos tonight!   Cat
Hi Everyone! Great to come back in and see even MORE spooky cakes! How much fun considering the season! LOL!   The reason I'm back tho' is to see if any of the Pro-cakers are near Macon Georgia? I have had a request from someone there and would love to recommend someone I "know".   Thanks! Cat
Morgan, love the Super Hero cake! My guys would LOVE that (yes, even the 50'something one would!LOL!)   Julia, LOVE your hippo! SO cute! We don't have that show over here but I'm sure the little one was very pleased with the name change! As for the time zone...yup..I'm on Pacific Time and London is an 8 hours later for us. So it's 1pm here, 9pm for you. That means when I start posting at around 8pm on Friday night for me it's 4am for you! I wouldn't expect you to be...
Oh my, Autumnwind! Yeah...a bit morbid indeed! Is the tombstone fondant? I have one coming up for a H'ween party and haven't decided what I'm doing about the tombstone. I do love the toes!!!   As for our early rising...yeah...originally I was told it would be Friday nights so it was ok...but now it's Saturday mornings! UGH. So I take my laptop, sign into their wifi and usually edit photos for 2 hours. I have more than enough from the work trips I took this summer to last...