Posts by catlharper

Sorry everyone for starting so late tonight. We had a memorial for a friend who died suddenly at age 47 today. So we had to travel out of town where we met up with our oldest who took her brother and nephew so the youngest daughter and hubby could attend with us. It was just a very hard day. Where the memorial was held is another 1.5 hours from our younger daughters house where we are spending the weekend so after the memorial and then dinner out with the family we made...
Opening up another session of the FNCC. Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Cat
@sha1col Those rocky road cupcakes look fantastic!!! In the upcoming (non cake making) months I'm going to be experimenting with cupcakes and those look mighty tasty!   Cat
@canacake That is a wicked cake! So awesome! Is that chocolate fondant or candy clay? Looks wonderful!
@julia1812 Seriously? All those icons done by hand! WOW! A Sugar Transfer is a sheet of "paper" that is made of sugar and you can print on it and then cut the icons out and adhere it to your cake. Your icons are just perfect!   @Naivohw I love the color of your cake. Is that airbrushed?   @autumnwind Welcome back and Happy New Year! I have had to travel so long to deliver a cake before and it's crazy! The pressure and stress is awful! Glad it made it and was so...
@julia1812 the freezer did the trick. I was able to get a thicker coating on the frozen one and it's settling now.  I know it's "just" a family cake but I so want it to be beautiful. I'm a "moderate" temp girl...don't get it below 50 or above 80 and I'm fine but for caking I want it to be about 65 in the house...not the 80 he had it! UGH.   Please tell me that the icons on your phone are sugar transfers??? That phone is just perfect!   Cat
@Pastrybaglady That is HYSTERICAL! I may have to use that when my hubby turns 60. Too funny! Awesome clean job too!   I'm not having a fun morning...trying to crumbcoat a cake in a too hot kitchen. The first thin layer is on and it's in the freezer right now. My hubby is one of those "It's 75 and I'm freezing" sort of people and had the heat up again this morning. So down went the heat, open went a window and I'm hoping that the freezer will do the trick. I'm using real...
That cake is SOOOO cool! My younger daughter loves those little dolls. Can't wait to see what else you have this week!   I did a bunch of baking for the holidays but it was all cookies and chocolate stuff...no cakes till tonight!   Cat
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great time over the holidays. We spend them at our younger daughters house and our oldest daughter and our granddaughter joined us for most of the week. It was truly great.    Only cake this week is a 40th cake for a cousin. Small 6 inch but the theme is "elegant" so I bought a new impression mat I'm going to try out. I'll share photos when I get done with it tomorrow. It's in the oven right now.   Please do catch up so we can all know...
Opening up the first FNCC of the New Year! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!   Cat