Posts by catlharper

@sha1col I do miss having those weeks in an office. This week we are at our younger daughters house and celebrating that way. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and a pumpkin muffin and later will be on the beach and then the Santa Cruz Boardwalk! So my own "Christmas in the Sand" which couldn't be more perfect for me. Tomorrow is Christmas Cookie day and our older daughter and our granddaughter will be joining us and the family will be complete!    Merry Christmas!   Cat
Looks like everyone is looking forward to their breaks! I'll be cooking up a storm this week but no real baking involved! LOL!     @cazza1 HYSTERICAL Santa cake!   @Pastrybaglady those look SO yummy   @julia1812 Looks like a whole bunch of goodness there! I have one of those fancy rolling pins too! I never use it with the wheels, sad to say, but it's nice and heavy and works very well for fondant!   @petitecat That is one lucky teacher! My son is at the age where...
Hi everyone! Other than Jack's cake, which I already posted this week, I have only made other goodies for Christmas. I made a bread Santa, Brownies and learned how to make Chocolate Churros! But no cake.   I'm heading out the door to a family event but will be checking back in here later tonight...and, of course, tomorrow morning over my coffee!   Hope everyone had a great week!   Cat
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their weeks, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if possible.    REMINDER: There will be no FNCC next week on Dec 26 but will return again the following week on January 2nd.   Cat
Hi everyone!   Ok, it's been a crazy ride but it's done! Our son earned his Black Belt today! Here is the cake!     Love your cake @julia1812 We are Stones fans so we think it's very cool!   @cara1982 That Garage is simply amazing! Incredible work!   I will check back over the next few days but if I don't see you guys before next Friday have a great week!   Cat
Hi everyone! My day got crazy so I'm a bit later and posting from my phone! Our son passed his Red Tip test on Wednesday so now we have a houseful for the Black Belt test in the morning. Needless to say it's been a very stressful week! But I managed to surprise my son with a cake! I will post a photo tomorrow after everyone has headed home again around noon. The testing is at 8 am! Hope everyone had a great week and I look forward to catching up with you tomorrow! Cat
Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! Cat
Wow, guys! I come back to all this great stuff! It's all just amazing!   @julia1812 you live where all of those great animals live? I'm SOOOOO jealous! Love your little chameleons...they are awesome! Great detail in that cake too!   Thanks for the kind words for my son. Unfortunately this is the top goal in Kenpo Karate. Since the issues are not getting the moves right but more of an 'attitude' I'm not sure how far this is going to go. Most teenagers have an attitude,...
Thank you @Marian64 for both sentiments. I do love your Peas in a Pod cookie cake...SO cute...the tiny babies are just so sweet!    The boy is doing better tonight and, yes, we are praying all turns out and his hard work rewarded this upcoming week.    Cat
So today didn't go as hoped. There are 4 segments to the testing and he failed one of them. Actually, one instructor failed him for reasons that seem really petty so he's really having issues with it. The remarks on his sheet say things like "belt uneven" and "not intense enough". There were a couple of form remarks about foot placement but when his regular instructor had him demonstrate it he said Jack was doing it right.  What is really heartbreaking is that he was SO on...