Posts by aztomcat

Thanks for all the great links!
Well it all starts with learning to cover a two layer cake with fondant. I started that way. You will need to make homemade buttercream icing, ice the cake smooth. And then make marshmallow fondant, and place over the cake and smooth it and trim it. Once you do well with one cake, you cover 2 - 3 cakes and stack them. For practice you might want to try Fondant ribbon roses and a colored fondant ribbon along the bottom of your cake.All the recipes and examples of...
I would use the cake mix extender to your mix. Search it in recipes, you can also add the pudding to it for extra flavor. I never go wrong with it.Good Luck Dee in AZ
I have seen many cakes where the duck sits in a barrel filled with bubbles or water. Cover the outside of the bottom cake with brown variegated fondant twisted to look like wood. Search some rubby ducky pictures in the gallery and you will see what I mean.Good Luck! aztomcat
Look through the photos and you will see plenty of ideas for softballs and basketball cakes. Then make a peace sign and a "love" heart out of fondant. Make them a week early and let them dry on a skewer and stick them out of the top like a street sign. If she has a message, maybe you can make a third fondant sign for that.
Cake balls can be kept in the fridge. So 5 days out should work. The RKT head wrapped in fondant can be made a week in advance. You can bake your cake a week in advance and freeze, then let defrost and come to room temp before icing. Otherwise you can bake 3 days ahead and keep in fridge until you are ready to frost.Good luck.
Cake balls can be kept in the fridge. So 5 days out should work. The RKT head wrapped in fondant can be made a week in advance. You can bake your cake a week in advance and freeze, then let defrost and come to room temp before icing. Otherwise you can bake 3 days ahead and keep in fridge until you are ready to frost.Good luck.
I like your butterfly idea, it also represents someone flying off to heaven.Good Luck,Dee in Az
1. Search the Melvira method here and you will see a description using a roller and viva paper towels.2. You can heat a spatula in hot water, dry the water off and use the warmed spatula to slightly heat the icing and smooth it. You must wipe off the water.Good Luck!Dee in AZ
Since its a kids playgroup....I would say cake balls would be great and easy to eat!Just say you thought they would be just the thing for kids. Adults and kids are always amazed by them.Good luck and feel better.Dee in AZ