Posts by charleezgal

Thanks ladies. Indy- You were exactly right on your links. 2nd row, 1st, is my construction. So....are the push in pillars the same as the the columns or are they constructed differently? I mean, my columns are the Grecian style so they would take a "chunk" of cake on the way down. Once they "hit" the bottom board, exactly what keeps the top 10" from wobbling and swaying? If I use the two plate method, does the bottom plate of the 10" need to have dowels under it?Thanks...
This will sound silly to most of you. But, I'm doing a tiered cake, 14" with a stacked 12" on it. Then, 7" columns with a 10" on top of that. My questions is this: How is the bottom plate of the tier hidden? What are the columns attatched to on the middle cake to keep the top tier from falling over? I've looked at several cakes here on CC and it looks like the columns are just sitting on the cake.Thanks for looking and any suggustions.
I'm doing a cake that will require wide ribbons around four tiers of cakes. The ribbon is a light mossy green, and I'm afraid the buttercream grease will splotch it and ruin it. Any suggestions? I once read somewhere that if you spray the whole ribbon with Pam ahead of time, that it will work. I thought maybe using a strip of wax paper, but how would you attatch the wax paper to the ribbon?Thanks for any help.
Thanks for your reply.Yes it is a tiered cake. 14, 12, 10, 8, and 6" double layer. DONT LAUGH. I don't plan on cutting the standard 1x1/2 " pieces. My hubby wants a PIECE of cake not a sliver. So you are saying to bring it to the table at the time of cutting even though it would probably be in the pan I baked it in? I don't want it to look tacky. Should I take it out of the pan and put it on a cake board at least? I really didn't want to spend any extra time on another...
I'm making my 20th wedding anniversary cake for our party. There are 85+ people coming and I'm afraid there won't be enough cake so I'm making an extra sheet cake (the kitchen cake, I guess it's called) But, I'm wondering what is the proper way to serve it since it won't be fully decorated. Do you cut it up and put it on plates or bring it to the table to be cut or what? I don't want people to think they are getting second rate cake. I'm having chocolate and white on the...
I noticed in kakeladis WASC recipe she uses whole eggs, where in many of the other WASC recipies they use egg whites. Which do you use? How does the egg white recipe alter the texture or taste? I want a light and fluffy cake and heavy and dense. Which way should I go?Thanks
Thanks. I really thought that you also added the ingredients called for on the box too. Do you have a quick link to kakladis wasc recipe?Thanks again for your quick response.Teresa
Hello,When making the WASC cake, do you follow the instructions on the cake mix boxes as well, like adding the oil, eggs, water, etc. THEN add the additional ingredients?Thanks,Teresa
Hi there,I'm about to use the diamond impression mat on buttercream for the first time and would like any tips on doing this. Also, how do you get that stitched look? Is there a tool for this? Thanks,Teresa
Hello,Can anyone tell me how to make pine trees (evergreen tree) using either pretzels or upside down cones? I will be using buttercream. I am not sure which tip to use or the meathod for either one. ThanksTeresa