Posts by charleezgal

I am making a winter wonderland cake and want the sparkling effect of glistening snow. A while back, someone mentioned there was a sugar or something they crushed and sprinkled on their cake to make it sparkle.Anyone remember what it was or have any suggestions?
I am making fondant penguins today for a cake due on Saturday (4 days) What is the proper way to store them? Leave out, plastic bag, refrigerate?Thanks for your help.
Thanks everyone, that was just what I was looking for!
I'm making a winter cake with those adorable little fondant penguins and would like to know how to put them together. How does the black part attatch, and is the head a separate piece or is the penguin all one piece?
Thanks everyone for your input. I will buy the 5 pounder and try to follow all the advice I got here. I'll decide about the hole when I get there.
Edna,Since I've never worked with piping gel, OR gold dust before, is there any quick tips you can give me on using them together? I'm up for learning and trying new things and I will purchase these two things tomorrow.I did see one of your cakes awhile back that you did with gold on it. It was beautiful.Thanks for your help.
I don't have any airbrush supplies. I was just wondering if there was such a thing as gold edible pens, or what people use to pipe in gold.
Okay, I happened onto this thread and am overwhelmed by the possibilities. I want to make some of these today! Where can I find the first original recipe (oe at least an easy one for a first timer to try out)? I need the main instructions too as I see that there are many variations.I'm glued here waiting for a response.
I need to do some scrolling and some simple writing in gold to go on a black cake? Any suggestions? Do they sell any icing that writes in gold?
No high alt- I live in SW Missouri. I use exactly the amount of bp called for. I have made this recipe for years, but now it's sinking in the middle.