Posts by charleezgal

In my opinion, if the cakes are to be stacked, not tiered, then they look best if they are of equal numbers apart. for example: a 6, 10, and 14 would leave you 4 inches between each cake. Here is a good place to look at sizes/servings. http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/serving-amounts-100-150.cfmEarlene offers a little different chart with larger pieces for wedding and party sizes. HTH
Hi, you could make a 12", 10", and a 6" and should feed 95 (according to Wiltons chart) 14,10,and 6 would give about 103. hth
Thanks a lot! I will definately try it tomorrow. I do have a really good recipe for a whipped cream/cream cheese frosting that is wonderfully delicious and light, but you can't really do too much with it.Thanks again.
Thanks a lot! I will definately try it tomorrow. I do have a really good recipe for a whipped cream/cream cheese frosting that is wonderfully delicious and light, but you can't really do too much with it.Thanks again.
Here is the first camo cake that I did. I just piped (using a large round tip) the outline of the shape I wanted to use and then filled it in. By the time I finished the second side, I could go back and smooth the first side I did. Once you smooth it, it all mooshes together.HTH
Anyone have a good recipe for a crusting cream cheese frosting? I know it probably won't be like buttercream, but it would be nice for it to be stiff enough to use on borders and some simple decorating.TFYH
Any chance you remember where to find the picture? I would love to see how it turned out. Thanks
I was wondering if you can achieve a marbled look in buttercream like you in fondant? I want a black marbled effect.
I was wondering if you can achieve a marbled look in buttercream like you in fondant? I want a black marbled effect.
That's what I will do. Thanks for the quick response!