Posts by charleezgal

Thanks!
How do you stack your soccer ball cakes onto another cake? Do you use support dowels under it, or just use one long dowel to go through ball cake and cake below? Do you always put the ball cake on a small piece of cardboard?   Thanks
I know this is an old post, but I hope you can still answer a little question. I'm needing to stack the basketball cake (made from the Wilton sportsball pan) and I was wondering if I need cardboard under it, or can it sit directly on top of the cake? Also, do I need to dowel through all the ball cake with the round cake below it or should I put dowels in the cake below?   Thanks a bunch. Teresa
I am making a 10", 8" round cake with a basketball cake from the Wilton sportsball pan going on top. My questions are:   1.  Is it necessary to put cardboard in between the two ball pieces? Or is the frosting enough? Will it keep it's ball shape or sink? Does it need to sit on a board, or can it go directly on top of the cake?   2.  How should I stack it? Use a dowel rod through the whole ball, or just put the cake on a small board and use dowels in the cake...
Yes, I'm using fondant. You mean I can use my iron and set it to steam and just wave it over the finished cake for the shine?
I'm making a car cake this weekend and wanted to make the chrome look like chrome. I have some silver dust, but I'm not sure if that's what you use, and if so, how to do it. Any suggestions?Thanks,Teresa
I'm making a car cake this weekend and I saw several here on CC and they were so shiney. A lot of the pictures didn't include any details on how it was done. Anybody have a suggestion? The cake will covered in white or red fondant.Thanks,Teresa
I only use my own marshmallow fondant recipe. It tastes really good and is easy to make and use. 16 oz. of marshmallows, 2TBL water and 2# powdered sugar.
I am making a sheet cake and want to make 3 strips or "outline" borders on the inside edge of the cake. Does that make sense? Like 1/2 inch dark pink and then 1/2 inch light pink and then 1/2 inch orange. My question is, how do you make straight even lines and more importantly, how do I frost each border without smearing it into the next border color?
I am buying the First Impressions baby mold, and was wondering if you can use all fondant instead of 50/50 fondant/gumpaste. Has anyone used only fondant in this mold? If so, how did it turn out?Thanks for your help.Teresa