Posts by DanaG21

What does everyone use to cut even fondant ribbons? I have my cutter from my Wilton class but it doesn't cut sharp or clean enough. But I love that it has the spacers and I don't have to measure anything. Is there something better out there?
My husband ordered me ACD for my birthday in November and I have yet to get my copy. I actually saw one in a cake store and was not impressed so I will be cancelling and ordering my Cake Central subscription. I wish they sold it in bookstores!
Love, love, love mine!
I find that if I store my fondant cakes under a dome on the counter there is no air flow and my decorations tend to melt. I store my cakes in the fridge in a bakery box that is usually partially opened - the cardboard helps with the condensation. Good luck! Let us see pictures when you are done.
First of all thanks for showing those cutters - I want some!!! I find for my tappits I get lucky if I use them with a silicone mat. Sometimes the letter stays on the mat and I don't have to slam the darn thing - which is what we all have to do! Just a hint that works for me - but only sometimes. Brushing with cutter with cornstarch or powdered sugar is a must!
I hope they manage to get edible markers. I don't want to go through all the steps to convert the regular ones. I agree I probably would buy the mats to so I don't have to take off the sticky stuff. Does anyone know how long the blades should be good for? I don't think I used mine that much but all of a sudden it is not cutting well at all - even after I get all the gunk off of it!
Say no now. This will probably just get worse and worse. Individual cakes are a huge pain and she still wants you to go through the effort of decorating a full dummy cake? Do you have the time? I think it would be cheaper to just buy her a gift and maybe offer to make the bridal shower cake. Best of luck can't wait to hear where this goes next.
I just used a lot of powdered sugar and put it on with the brush that came with the rollers. I didn't have any problems. You may have to wait for the gumpaste to completely dry to get it off. I didn't have any oil coming off on my stuff......
I feel like this all the time when I do something - I think "that looks so homemade" (not custom!) maybe I shouldn't be charging what I'm charging.... then I looked at your cakes and wonder if I ever have a chance to be that talented! Your cakes are beautiful! Just go back and look at the great work you've done - and really who orders a laptop cake???
I get the freezing part and I understand when I store my unused fondant to keep it airtight to keep it soft and workable - however, I did a cake for new years and kept it unrefridgerated in a cake holder for a few hours and when I lifted off the fondant letters to cut the cake they were a melty mess. Wouldn't you have the same problem if you stored precut fondant decorations in an airtight container v. freezing then thawing? Or was it because of the BC - which was real...