Posts by Ruth52

I want to thank all of you for your comments. I will try and answer all the questions raised here.The images were printed 2 days before decorating the cake. I have an edible image printer and I printed them myself.I used vanilla buttercream for the frosting so there was no lemon juice. Yes, she got her photographs back and she sent me one where they were cutting the cake and she had a big frown on her face. However, I don't feel I should be responsible for the...
Here is a link to the cake. Thanks for that suggestion!http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1808610.html
I have always used the dowel rods for stacking cakes and inserting in the middle and haven't had problems. What is the bubble straws or the SPS system?Ruth52
For some reason CC is not letting me upload my pic. I have resized so it should work - ????
For some reason CC is not letting me upload my pic. I have resized so it should work - ????
I recently decorated a wedding cake for a customer who wanted black and white. We chose to do a stencil printed on the edible paper. I am attaching a copy for you to see. The problem is when it got on the cake it looks blue and the edging and topper are black. When I delivered the cake I tried to explain that the colors of ink in the printer did not print the same color black as the frosting. I apologized over and over. Even the photographer wanted me to go around...
I have had the same problem. Made hand cuffs once that had a green tint to them. Yuk! Another problem I had with black colored bc, it would bleed red on white bc when i was using it for writing. I have found when I need black frosting that I first start with chocolate buttercream and add black gel color. It works great and no more bleeding. Hey Peg818, where do you find black cocoa?
Your black food coloring from Wilton (or other gel colors) should make it perfectly.
Adorable - looks like it should be there!!! Better than the sprinkles!
If anything, I'd add sprinkles or dots around the top and perhaps a color boarder around the edge at the top. Let us see the final turnout!