Posts by denetteb

How about 'currently we only accept check or cash'?
I have been using the towel version for years.  I like that I can use them over and over again without messing with newspaper or paper towels and aluminum foil.  Wet your towels and wring them out really well.  The first time I used them I only lightly wrung them out and they insulated too well and the sides were unbaked when the center was done.  The next time I wrung them more and it was fine.  If my strips are too long for the size pan I just roll them in a little roll...
Don't see a flavor just ask and I'll be happy to meet your needs as best as I possibly can.  Think this needs some work.  Either 'Don't see a flavor?  Just...'        Or 'If you don't see a flavor...'    No flavors of buttercream?    'Don't see a style or design please...'  Same comments as for Dont see a flavor above.  'full of flavor these bite'  Should this be   'full of flavor.  These bite'       'Don't see a style or design'  same thing again.   Now I see that...
How many layers of toweling do you have in your strips?  What temp are you baking?  With the strips I can see that the sides could still be undone but not sure what to think about the bottom.
Puddles, that was a really great message.  It  said in a very polite way all the reasons that this just can't go on, money, time,  paying customers, lack of appreciation, lack of pleasure or joy for you, etc.  Succinct yet detailed.  Well done, I can't think how you could have said a word better.  So regardless of how he and the rest of your family react, just know that this change you are making is not in the least unreasonable, unfair or unkind.
Regarding number 3.  I understand that the customer wants for 50 people and if they also want a 6 8 12 that is fine oto.  I bring it up because often bakers charge by the serving.  I mention is so if you read prices or people give you feedback on their serving price that you times it by 92 servings not 50 people that the client wishes to serve. 
A 6-8-12 serves 92 people, way more than the 50 servings that are needed by the customer.  You should factor that into your pricing decision. 
Good for you, puddles.  Stay strong.  Keep us posted on how it goes.
Here are my thoughts.  I am not a fan of the sepia cupcakes that are featured.  Cakes are all about color and detail and that is lost with the sepia.  I get that the gravity defying topsy turvy cake that is on the very top left of the home page is an impressive cake to build and look at, but it gives me the impression of a cake that is on it's way to falling over, probably not the impression you want to give to potential customers.  I think having a city and state where...
I had another thought about this issue.  What is your family culture about this?  For example your relatives that fix cars, does home repair, accounting, hair stylist, day care, landscaper, etc.  Do these people offer their skills to you for free?  If they do, then I guess that would affect your making cakes for them for free also.  But if these people all charge you full price, then you absolutely should put a stop to it.  You can simply say to each person that tells you...