Posts by denetteb

It seems to me that different pans, different ovens, different recipes would have different amounts of shrinkage so what works for another person could be too big or too small for you. Measure some of your baked cakes and add on your preferred ganache thickness (times two for both sides of the cake.)
When I did my one tiered cake I did a lot of research to read different ideas.  What I chose to do was leave the slightest gap between the top of the cake and the support dowels so the upper tier was just a hair above the lower cake, not sitting down into it at all.  Not sure if it was just luck or technique but when I separated the tiers to cut and serve the cake the upper tiers came off without taking any frosting off the tier beneath.
I can't help with your question since I don't work with fondant, but for acrylic you could check to see if you have any acrylic places locally.  Our town of less than 90,000 has a business who makes all sorts of things with different thicknesses of acrylic.  Think of the table top clear things on restaurants that hold specials and what not.  You can special order anything.  You could see if there is a place like this around you and see how the prices compare.
Take one of your cake pans, flip it upside down, put it on some non skid and use the side of the pan to practice your letters and numbers.  Pipe all over, scrape it off, and do it over and over again with the same icing.  If you do it every day for 15 or 20 minutes for a week or so you will be surprised how much better you will be doing.
It sounds like you need to have a different, earlier payment date for fruit cakes so that you have the deposit in hand before you make your ingredient purchases and especially before you start mixing.  It defeats a purpose of a deposit if you have the deposit due 4 weeks before the event but you need to bake the cake 6 weeks before, or whatever your time table is.
Cevamel, for my nutella frosting I use my regular frosting recipe and add in a big scoop of nutella.  Even though I always measure everything, in this case I just do a scoop to taste.  The nutella makes it dryer so I add some more liquid to get it to the right consistency. 
It needs to be the proper temp for serving.  If it is frozen for delivery it likely will still be frozen when they are ready to eat.  Having it refrigerated and nice and cold for the delivery would be a much better option.
MB, your tiny little bananas are adorable!!!  I have made a banana cake with nutella frosting as a special cake for a college age friend.  It has gone over so well that two of the students that have graduated have asked me for the recipe.  Not only that, but they have actually made it in spite of the frosting recipe being 3 cards long since I have so many notes on it.  The ultimate compliment.  I may have to give this recipe a try some time.  The pictures looks ooey gooey...
Of your two finalists I think four little bears natural bakery is too long so I would vote for Lovewalk Natural Bakery.  I like that you have natural in the name to really target your customer. 
It looks like the weight of the handles was too much and gravity was pulling them down, which made the fondant below start to sag.  The handles are fairly large and if they are all fondant or sugar paste would add quite a bit of weight, especially if only staked into two inches of the cake.