Posts by denetteb

If you're finished cake is going to be 6-8 inches high you will need to use a board in between and dowels/straws/whatever your preferred support system.  Think of it as a really narrow two tiered cake with each layer being the same size.  Another reason for having the board mid cake besides support is for ease of cutting and serving.  They can cut the top half down to the board and serve those and then remove the board and finish cutting the bottom half.  The cardboard...
Great job!!!  Which two layers are real cake?
I don't work with fondant or figures but you many want to start a new thread with this topic, it would probably get your more views and replies.  Hope you get it figured (ha,I  made a pun!) out. 
If you fully assemble it will you be able to lift and carry that heavy cake?
Ale, what a crappy person.  She is no friend and I am glad you realize that.  At least now you will take deposits on all your orders and hopefully get things in writing so this doesn't happen to you again. 
Are you really sure you want to haul each and every tool and ingredient you may possibly need to a hotel just to have an air conditioned work space?  Plus it doesn't solve your initial problem of where to leave the cake. 
Another thing is to use the big icer tip, 789.  You use a larger than usual bag, pop the mongo tip in and apply a wide ribbon of icing around the cake.  It goes on nice and even all the way around and over the top.  Less work to get it smooth too. 
Oh for  Pete's sake, it looks like it took a couple of spins in a clothes dryer.  What a mess.  Usually when these wrecks are shown you can kind of see both sides, maybe the baker did this wrong, maybe the driver did this wrong and the combination or parts of both caused the disaster.  I can't in my wildest imagination think of how this wasn't completely caused after it left your hands and nothing you could have done would have prevented it.  I can see why the woman was...
That was the problem, the highlights I saw ONLY showed drama, not a bit of baking or decorating.
I don't have cable but had heard about Buddy's show.  My sister raved about it thinking I would like it.  She gave me links to highlights of a couple of shows.  One was the one with the bride going crazy with her white cake and the other involved a big bag of flour getting broken (in a way that wouldn't happen naturally) and flour all over.  Both of them seemed so unbelievable to me that I was completely turned off and never interested in watching ever again.