Posts by DancingCakes2008

AmeriColor food colorings are the best. I always get nice, deep, rich colors with minimal coloring. I will only use these.
You can wrap in the floral tape if you make sure that you get it really tight and thin enough to not mess up your petals. I purchase the white wrapped wire, it is hard to find in all different gauges but I just find a way to make it work. Good luck on this and glad I could help, it is very frustrating when you get something the way you want and then to have that happen,    I have used royal icing and "glued" it back in, you just have to be very careful not to get it...
Question? Is your wire cloth covered or just the metal wires? I always have to make sure I se the cloth covered so it has something to cling to otherwise mine just slip out as well.
When I have to have a mousse filling I use a chocolate instant pudding but replace the milk with HEAVY whipping cream. Turns out wonderful every time and holds up really well.   Hope this helps and good luck!
Hello all, I hope someone can help. My Amerimist colors are so concentrated when I spray they are so much darker than the color on the label, is there anything I can mix into it that can help me lighten them up? My fuschia color is more a dark plum and my soft pink when sprayed comes out more fuschia. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all so much.
You might be rolling your fondant to thin. I use to do that to try and save on fondant but realized that it was better to have it a bit thicker and smooth then to roll it to thin and have problems with bumps and tearing. Also, make sure your buttercream isn't too hard so that it any bumps will smooth out as you smooth your fondant.   Hope that helps, good luck.
Hello RHULL,    If you are doing an all dummy cake you can start several weeks in advance. I will be doing a cake for our fair and will be doing the same thing. You can also do your stripes and decorations at the same time or you can let it harden a bit before hand. Where you are so nervous just take your time and work on it when you are comfortable with the time you have.   I have never had a problem with things sagging on a dummy cake and I would use royal...
Also remember to let it come to room temp, if it is cold you will taste mostly the butter but once at room temp "Delish" 
My Amerimist colors are so concentrated when I spray they are so much darker than the color on the label, is there anything I can mix into it that can help me lighten them up? My fuschia color is more a dark plum and my soft pink when sprayed comes out more fuschia. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all so much.
You did a great job!