Posts by johnson6ofus

Random thoughts...   - bake in foil cups as I find they stay moister - think about the display.... even 2x4 scrap lumber under the tablecloth adds dimension and interest. - factor in any "rush" you may have participating in pre-wedding stuff. Will you run out of time? - Pre-make toppers or decorations when you can go slower without pressure.  - ivory is using real vanilla and maybe a drop of brown if you want it darker - any box, with a non-skid rubber mat should be...
I like what fancy flours posts on the sales page:   "Dragees (pronounced Dra-jeys) are shiny little metallic balls that we all remember on holiday cookies. They are safe to eat, but should be removed before serving because of the real metal coating. They won't hurt you if you eat them as they are made from panned sugar, but the FDA recommends that they be used for decorative use only as they are not classified as a food item. "     ​I would tell them, and let them...
THIS! Are you being treated as a free, hired help???? Or is it reconciliation. You must determine what the gesture/ contact is to really feel good about what you will do.  I would look for some sincerity. No way I would do the cake and NOT be invited--- what a rude slap! Sorry, I am not that much of a doormat, even for family. 
Likewise, Wilton instructor and can't see the use for this at all... even as mailed to me for free. Another way for them to make $5.
I also like the film reel cake look and you can add a few images. 
Also, it could be the margarine. A product labeled "margarine" can contain MANY different ingredients that could affect the cake.
Quit as a Wilton instructor 3 months ago...   Buy the instruction book. It shows you what "tools" you need each day. The practice board is the only thing most people don't have, but you can buy the "deluxe" one and use it, if you like.    Icing is a problem because students doctor it, and it melts too quickly for them to use. You are practicing techniques, so warm hands and slow learners make that a mess. That is the really reason I hated it. If you start with stiff...
50% bigger, so 50% more expensive. $3.50 +50%= $5.25/slice
(my version of what her text probably should have said...) "My stupid boyfriend yelled at my about how much this cake cost. He said, "You paid WHAT?" And the lousy boyfriend didn't have the ring I was hoping for, so my "romantic evening, expensive hotel, etc" did not get me an engagement ring. So I want my $$$ back--- it's all because the cake was wrong. If the cake had been bigger, my boyfriend would have been down on one knee, in a tuxedo with a Tiffany box in his hand...."
NO REFUND! (Well, OK, you already offered... case closed).    (Customers should) Pay for the original cake artist, or accept a "knock off" or variations. I have modified things I ordered, and didn't like it... MY lose. It's not like you delivered her a cake wreck cake.    Your work is clean, nice, and as ordered. She should have paid as agreed, and accepted any changes as within the realm of "artistic interpretation".     Accept that some people just like to *****,...