Posts by johnson6ofus

Wholesale often equals BULK. Can you use up the product before it goes bad? Or, do local "retail" coupons, like 40-50% off at Michaels or Hobby Lobby do it?  I always seem to drive by there, so I stop in and get on every time I pass. Sucks on time management if you run a big bakery business, but if I am there anyway... I do it.  So little by little, or in large quantities.... and check ebay sometime too (not food, but tools).  Oh, and CK products has a $125 minimum. Hard...
Here, in the US, services have gotten much "funnier" about accepting "outside" food products. Terrorism and all... a worry about tainted food. So I would check first. I would hate for your efforts to end up in the trash. :(   But yes, all the troops love it all. I made many packages for my son's former roommate who went to the Marines. He also had plenty to share, and did so. I don't know how they would accept a "random" package. 
I find that cupcakes in foil, or foil lined wrappers also last longer than the paper wrappers.
Fondant texture and taste is often a problem for "lay" people, but the caterers should know it.   I once saw this on a famous BBQ menu..."Our BBQ chicken develops a light pink hue as we smoke it over 12 hours. It is fully cooked when served. We will not accept returns to the kitchen for "pink" chicken. "   I wonder if, on the cake contract, a line to be initialed by the customer you write: "You have ordered a cake covered in and/or decorated with fondant decorations....
Good to know. Like the OP, I was worried about the weight. Cute, cute cake! 
Mel, Did you move it after the rock candy spikes went in? Those just seem too heavy to be supported by cake (but never used them, so you would know better). 
That candy will be HEAVY. The only rock candy I know like this has a stick with a wooden ball at the bottom. I would cut off the little ball at the bottom, and use them as "spikes".    It actually looks like some sort of two layer topper made of these sticks. I would cut a foam core board the same size as the TOP of the cake. I would poke holes through and push the rock candy "trees" through the foam core and "glue" in place with royal icing or gumpaste both from the top...
How is "credit" being given? Magazine article? More hurt feelings by the bigger the missed "exposure".   If it is just a card in front of a cake being served, I would write:   Cake designed and made by You Girly, kitchen manager of ABC Restaurant                          with special thanks to Friend Modeler for chocolate models     substituting appropriate names. I imagine this is advertising for "ABC restaurant" so they certainly want their restaurant and staff...
What kind of "sticks". Link to the candy?   How many in how big a cake? Both size and height.   And yes, in Rice krispie treats it will definitely hold better than in cake.
Nope...stole it from someone here on CC! Wish I remembered who to give credit...AZ/ K8?   Don't remember....sorry.