Posts by tami517a

What did you use to make the tire treads? Fondant? RKT? Trying to decide what would be better to make the raised pattern. Any tips or details you can share will be appreciated. :-)
I have an extra box in a canister and scoop out what I need for each batch. It just aggravates me that I have to!
Yes I posted a rant about this topic a while back. I use a doctored recipe starting with the French Vanilla mix and the smaller cake mixes was causing my cakes to sink after they came out of the oven. When I contacted them they acted like I was doing something different to create the problem. They never mentioned that they changed their product. When I compared boxes and realized the amount of mix was less I was so mad. I got the same party line that less mix bakes the...
I wouldn't. :-)
I wouldn't worry with freezing it. If you bake it Thursday or Friday it will be good until Sunday with no problem. The crumb coat seals the cake so it does not get stale. Most of my cakes are for Saturday events and I bake after work Wednesday night, crumb coat early Thursday and ice and decorate Friday. So your timeline should work just fine without freezing. Good luck!
It turned out great! I really like your mud effect. What size is your base cake? Any construction tips?
Must be something in the water because I just got a grooms cake order for this same cake. Yours is so good. I'd love to hear how you did it. Will please copy me on the your instructions also? Thank you!
No SUV here so when I showed your shelf picture to my talented hubby he built me one! I have a 3 tiered grooms cake to deliver about 150 miles away in 2 weeks so it will get a good test. I call it my cake car seat. Lol Thanks for posting the picture and for the awesome idea!
I have always used Duncan Hines but I am so mad at them right now! For the last month or so my cakes have been flat and hard and slumped away from the pan after they come out of the oven. I have been frantically troubleshooting - checking my oven, mixing more, mixing less, using different pan, etc. Then I found out the French Vanilla I usually use is a smaller package size - 16.5 oz. instead of 18.25 oz. NO change to the box size or the packaging to indicate I was getting...
I've been having the same problem and I am so mad at Duncan Hines! Once I realized the French Vanilla I usually use was a smaller package size I added 1/3 cup of flour to my regular doctored recipe (8 oz. cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/4 oil, 1 cup water) and it came out great. Finally! So aggravated it took 10 failed batches with me troubleshooting - checking my oven, mixing more, using different pan, etc. when it was their change - with NO change to the box size or the...