Posts by carisa

thanks for the input everyone... i will try it out!!
HiDoes anyone know how they did this pink fondant border on the cake?Also, where can I get gumpaste cutters like these flowers and butterflies?My daughter is turning one and I love the idea on the sides of this cake!!I found the cake on www.bakemeacake.netThanks!!
Hi everyone! Thanks for the earlier replies on this subject! I found an image of the "onyx" finish that I need to create - http://www.aprilreed.com/ go to the Onyx cake Does anyone know how this was done on black fondant? Is it just the crisco trick? Will gumpaste or fondant decorations stick to fondant that has crisco on it? Thanks again guys!
Hi everyone! Thanks for the earlier replies on this subject!I found an image of the "onyx" finish that I need to create - http://www.aprilreed.com/go to the Onyx cakeDoes anyone know how this was done on black fondant? Is it just the crisco trick? Will gumpaste or fondant decorations stick to fondant that has crisco on it?Thanks again guys!
I have a request for a cake to look like it has a black onyx finish. I will start with black fondant, but what do I use to make the metallic finish? Is there a black lustre dust? Do I mix it with the fondant or apply on top of the fondant? Has anyone done this before? Do I use a brush or does it have to be airbrushed for a smooth, even finish?Also, how does Italian meringue buttercream hold up under fondant? I have only ever used Wilton's buttercream under my fondant...
I also have a fondant cake (2 tier) due this weekend and I plan on not having a gap or icing border. What I thought I would do is when I cover my top tier with fondant, I tuck the fondant under the cake cardboard so that the edge of the board is not visible at all (the cake board is of course slightly smaller than the cake, so it has worked.) I also set the cake and board onto a small bowl or glass so that it is elevated.Hope this helps, good luck!
I totally agree as well. I think hand decorated cookies are much more lovely and appreciated (even with all the minor variances between each cookie) than simply a sheet of "printed icing" on a cookie. I'm sure they don't taste as nice, either. They must have to put alot of preservatives and chemicals in the product to be able to accomplish the image copy successfully.
Do I need to add the cornstarch as part of the MMF recipe (if so, how much?) or just when rolling it out later? I only used the cornstarch during rolling the first time.Thanks!!
I just finished my first MMF cake and loved the way the fondant went on the cake without tears! I had a problem with a multi-loop bow that I tried to make... the fondant did not harden enough so the loops just sagged and flattened out... I couldn't use the bow. I had made the loops according to the instructions on this site (2 days ahead of time), has anyone had this problem of the MMF not hardening?? I remember when I made the recipe, I don't think I could knead in the...
I just finished my first MMF cake and loved the way the fondant went on the cake without tears! I had a problem with a multi-loop bow that I tried to make... the fondant did not harden enough so the loops just sagged and flattened out... I couldn't use the bow. I had made the loops according to the instructions on this site (2 days ahead of time), has anyone had this problem of the MMF not hardening??I remember when I made the recipe, I don't think I could knead in the...