Posts by sweetneice

K8Memphis thank you for that statement. The spouses and families DO go through alot, especially the children, when the spouse is in the service. You are right as well as CakesbyCathy. I am going to take in everything and figure out a way to have this conversation with her AFTER I find another great baker in my area that can help me with this. That way at least it will soften the blow and I will already have someone to do it for her. I have enough pressure on me as it is to...
Thank you Hobbist! I'll try to remember that. How do i find out if there are any Cake Central people in my area?
Oh thank you all so much. You have no idea how much a simple kind word makes a person in my situation feel much better. I lost my job because I couldn't work and be at the hospital, therapy sessions, and emergency rooms and work at the same time, so all we have is going to getting us there. I never thought that I could possibly lose my child, but now that it's presented, I choose to pray and seek good cake counsel in a situation like this. I just can't think correctly...
Thank you PastryBagLady! I am considering that as an option. I will have to make a decision by next friday on what to do. I'm so nervous about the response that might come from it....sigh... I am going to make some calls and ask some local decorators for help
Thank you K8Memphis!   My sincere appreciation that you acknowledge the sacrifice these soldiers make for us. He just found out he might be doing some pretty dangerous work which I cannot give info on, so I not only have my little one to worry about, he is also on my mind. Hopefully he will be the last ,if at all, to deploy. The cake is super simple: 3 tier square  buttercream cake, with ribbon at the bottom of each tier, and peacock feathers coming out of the top with...
Hello friends! I need an ear and help, so here it goes....................................   I wish I had better news to report, but this is the situation at hand:   Question first: How and CAN YOU freeze a decorated wedding cake for use in a few weeks. I have a bride that booked me for march and paid her deposit but:   My 11 year old son was hit in the head while on a swing by another swing facing opposite him. The seat part was made of wood and went haywire after a...
Oh thanks Imcclaflin!!
Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll let you know how it turns out! Im going to try to find a pattern to trace
Hey guys! I have never made white chocolate tiara's for cupcakes but it's been requested. Any ideas on how you do it or the best method that worked for you? I have to make 2 dozen cupcakes with the tiaras on them. Just wanted some input! Thanks so much!
Imcclaflin how long did you let it thaw out before dipping and Where did you purchase your chocolate from? Thanks so much for your input!